I need your help and opinion !! nbde 2012 pass/fail

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dento1000

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, so do you think it is better to give exam and apply in 2012 because it's going to be a Pass/Fail and no more numerical scores?
i'm so confused now between quit my job as an assistant ,start studying for part 1 and apply in 2011 or just wait one more year until 2010 and apply when the score numbers wouldn't be required!!
Please share with me , do you think the new rule in 2010 will make it harder for us ??

Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

hey

I dont think studying for the exam is sth that requires you to quit your job unless you have to work for 50 or 60 hours a week! if u're planning to apply in 2011, u've got a lot of time till then to do the exam and get a perfect score while ure still in your job. Besides, i dont think waiting for 2012 makes any sense, cuz no matter how much ur score was, as long as it's a pass, by 2012 it will not be in numbers anymore. so try in 2011, if it didnt work, then by 2012 ur score will be just "pass" and u can apply again. Its not that ure gonna be stuck with the score even with the pass/fail system!

Hi, so do you think it is better to give exam and apply in 2012 because it's going to be a Pass/Fail and no more numerical scores?
i'm so confused now between quit my job as an assistant ,start studying for part 1 and apply in 2011 or just wait one more year until 2010 and apply when the score numbers wouldn't be required!!
Please share with me , do you think the new rule in 2010 will make it harder for us ??

Thank you
dento1000,

If ultimately you wish to get an admission into a dental school, I suggest you should start your preparations for part 1 right away. About quitting the job, it would be your personal call as how efficiently you can manage time.

What if the pass/fail system doesn't get implemented from 2012? Is it officially declared by the ADA? Waiting for that thing to happen and then giving the exam would be an premature decision.

By the time this pass/fail system comes into action, you may already have an admission letter in your hand!! All the best!

Members don't see this ad :)
I agree that trying to start right away is better than waiting, but for me i need to think really good about it, and i know i'll have to leave my job cause there is no way for me to study and work.
please if you can share me more with what you think if that rule is declared in 2012..the competition would be based on what?!

hey i am also planning to give part 1,what time is the bestto take the exam?by this i mean when will it be good to apply in diff schools?

hey i am also planning to give part 1,what time is the bestto take the exam?by this i mean when will it be good to apply in diff schools?
Deadlines will come and pass throughout the year. Best time to take your exam is when you feel you are prepared for it! Time doesn't matter.