I need your help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

StitchEM

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
It's January and I would like to send an update letter to the schools I've applied to but because I am no longer in college what I have to add to my file is a little odd. I have been working as a park ranger, specifically running the field trip and educational programs and have been doing well and having a great time. The park I work for won several awards and has been on the news in which I was featured. I don't have any grades to report, but I could add copies of newspaper articles and the news clip I was in as well as another letter of recomendation from my supervisor who used to work as a lab tech before she became a park ranger. My question is what should I include in my update letter outside of "I really want to go to your school please, please, PLEASE." :D

Members don't see this ad.

I think what you've planned is fine. I wouldn't send anything to schools which specifically ask you not to--I know there are a few that do this. Since you're out of college you can't update grades etc., I think the ranger thing is defintely significant info. One thing I think you could add is besides blatantly saying "please let me in, I love the school," you could talk about your interviewing experiences so far (if you've had them) why you prefer the school etc.. Talk about how you now realize that curriculum suits you perfectly, more than you did when you initially applied. It shows you've give some reflection on the whole process since you've applied.