I never thought I would ask this..but

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

xophoenixo

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Pitt or Temple? and why????????

Members don't see this ad.

Pitt or Temple? and why????????

If you like a hospital atmosphere and a safe clean city w/ good sports teams go to PITT, if you are solely interested in becoming a general dentist and getting as much clinic time as possible than go for temple, I was accepted at both school, but just liked the atmosphere at PITT more. GL

Members don't see this ad :)
Pitt = good reputation and harder to get into than Temple, I THINK.

I would like to see your support for such a comment.

On another note I would choose Temple. As a person that has been accepted to a few other prominent schools I chose Temple hands down. There are many reasons for this here are a couple.

-Well known and respected program. How do I know this? Well, almost every school I interviewed at asked where else I had interviewed. Temple was the only school that was ever commented on. The comments were generally about the same, something in the ballpark of....... Temple is a very good school.

-It is the second-oldest dental school in continuous operation in the United States. http://www.temple.edu/dentistry/about/history.htm ( This is really huge, considering how many dental schools have come and gone over the years.)

-I have said it before and I will say it again you really can't beat the clinical experience.:thumbup:

To sum up, Temple hands down.

thanks guys for your responses!

Which ever is cheapest

Who gives a crap about the school rep. All the learning you do is after graduation. Think of dental school as training wheels. and then you move to the big boy bike after graduation

Point is, lets say you go to the top clinical school in the USA, you will have an advantage for about 3 months after graduation with the guy that went to your "regular" dental school

My future group partners always say they laugh after an interview with people from "top" schools because they think they know it all. In reality they know just enough to do your bread and butter dentistry