I passed!!!! NAPLEX and CPJE

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharmgrad24

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got home and to my surprise two letter from CABOP first envelope was white then low and behold behind it was a second envelope with green letter in the corner! I took my NAPLEX on 8/28 and got a 109 and CPJE on 9/6 and a 78. I'm kind of surprised I got my letter so quickly but I'm not complaining. I'm done I'm finally done All the stress and hard work I put in paid off I'm so ready to start working as a pharmacist in CA. I live in the Bay area.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Yes I contac the board. They are saying absolutely no exceptions. So now I have to have social security office take my middle name out and only keep the initial.

Something like this happened to my friend and it took him over 3 months to get it resolved.

I had three different variations, because I have a double middle name, but usually have left the second one off entirely. California license had just one middle name printed. Passport had the entire name listed in full. SS card had just first middle initial.

So, I went to SSN first because I figured they'd take the longest to fix. But they actually had my full name on file and were happy to reissue me a corrected card with the name printed in full. I got it in the mail after about a week.

With both my SSN and Passport matching, I took those to DMV, and got a new drivers license issued with the matching name. That also came through pretty quickly through the mail.

I brought the letter from the Board that states explicitly all IDs must match with me, as explanation for why I needed the new ID issued. I ended up having no fuss, just a couple lines to wait in.

That's the order I'd advise anyone in that situation to go in if they're having issues. If you don't have a passport (why not?) your birth certificate is the next best thing probably. (Passports are nice even if you don't travel, because they simultaneously prove identity and citizenship status).

Members don't see this ad :)
Total time from realizing the problem to having everything in hand was probably about 3 weeks total. Things went relatively fast because the State Department and Social Security both agreed as to what my full legal name was, and it was just a matter of the SS card being reprinted to reflect what was already in their files. If I would have had to have proven my name was different than what they actually had on file for me, that would likely have significantly delayed things more.

Anyone with the following situation:
Name on ssc does not match state issues id?
My middle initial is spelt out on my social security card but only middle initial is printed on state issued id. State told me they can't fix it.
So I mailed out of copies of both to CA BOP. And USPS confirmed that it was delivered to the Board. I tried calling the PSI they don't have any notification from the board.
Anyone in this situation and what should I do. I am taking the test soon.
Please help.
Hey Carshir,
I had the same problem. Since it takes forever for the DMV to change to state issued ID, I changed my social security card. It's really easy. Go to the social security card webpage and download the form you need to fill out to change your name on your social security card so it WONT have your full middle name (so it can match your ID).

Make an appointment or walk-in to your local social security office and wait. I did it the next day and waited 1-2 hours without an appt cuz the closest appt day was too far away. It's a quick process when you get called in, they just ask you why you need to change it.

Hey Carshir,
I had the same problem. Since it takes forever for the DMV to change to state issued ID, I changed my social security card. It's really easy. Go to the social security card webpage and download the form you need to fill out to change your name on your social security card so it WONT have your full middle name (so it can match your ID).

Make an appointment or walk-in to your local social security office and wait. I did it the next day and waited 1-2 hours without an appt cuz the closest appt day was too far away. It's a quick process when you get called in, they just ask you why you need to change it.

how long did it take you to resolve this issue?

Hey Carshir,

i am going thru the same issue. any help is appreciated.

i am going thru the same issue. any help is appreciated.
Hey, it didn't take long to resolve the issue. I seriously walked into the social security office (waited a few hours to get called because I was walk-in) and then they changed it right then and there.

Did they just give you a new card or did you have to wait till they mailed it to you?

they gave it to you right then and there in the social security office. but the agent told me it varies from county to county. some mail it to you -- just call and ask since it varies.

Hey, it didn't take long to resolve the issue. I seriously walked into the social security office (waited a few hours to get called because I was walk-in) and then they changed it right then and there.

Thank you for the useful information

Members don't see this ad :)
I got home and to my surprise two letter from CABOP first envelope was white then low and behold behind it was a second envelope with green letter in the corner! I took my NAPLEX on 8/28 and got a 109 and CPJE on 9/6 and a 78. I'm kind of surprised I got my letter so quickly but I'm not complaining. I'm done I'm finally done All the stress and hard work I put in paid off I'm so ready to start working as a pharmacist in CA. I live in the Bay area.
congrats can you gave me the tips

How did you prepare for the case studies?

Aren’t there new Qs every yr?

from comparing the sample exam on the bop website, the additional practice questions, questions from the bulletin they mail you, rxprep cpje, and my actual exam, I feel like the questions are different, but there are definitely general trends as to certain drugs/topics they often like to ask.

from comparing the sample exam on the bop website, the additional practice questions, questions from the bulletin they mail you, rxprep cpje, and my actual exam, I feel like the questions are different, but there are definitely general trends as to certain drugs/topics they often like to ask.

there are several sample exams...make sure you do them!

Reactions: 1 user