I promise...I havent been smoking crack today

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pratik7

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
i am trying to send off my AACOM application and was interested in applying to North Texas Fort Worth and I dont see it on the list of schools to choose from?!?!?

Its prob right in front on my face and yes ..I need a new pair of glasses

PS. Does anyone know what its like applying there out of state with a 27/3.8 (good everything else)??

Members don't see this ad.

If it's like last year you can not apply to TCOM through AACOMAS. You have to go through the Texas application process.

pratik7 said:
i am trying to send off my AACOM application and was interested in applying to North Texas Fort Worth and I dont see it on the list of schools to choose from?!?!?

Its prob right in front on my face and yes ..I need a new pair of glasses

PS. Does anyone know what its like applying there out of state with a 27/3.8 (good everything else)??

There is a seperate app for all TX schools... here ya' go

http://www.utsystem.edu/tmdsas/

-Good Luck!
-Ryan

Members don't see this ad :)
pratik7 said:
...PS. Does anyone know what its like applying there out of state with a 27/3.8 (good everything else)??
I don't know about out of state, but those are very good for in-state. TX gives preference to residents (except Baylor), but with so many allo-schools here, I wonder if TCOM accepts more out-of-state percentage-wise because of 1) TX residents top-ranking allo schools or 2)TX residents that do not apply at all (I know several who didn't) or 3) the fact that there are so few osteopathic schools, and perhaps they'd give preference to someone out-of-state who truly wants to be a DO vs. someone just trying to secure a spot?

Just specualtion, no hard evidence, mind you :p

UNTlabrat said:
I don't know about out of state, but those are very good for in-state. TX gives preference to residents (except Baylor), but with so many allo-schools here, I wonder if TCOM accepts more out-of-state percentage-wise because of 1) TX residents top-ranking allo schools or 2)TX residents that do not apply at all (I know several who didn't) or 3) the fact that there are so few osteopathic schools, and perhaps they'd give preference to someone out-of-state who truly wants to be a DO vs. someone just trying to secure a spot?

Just specualtion, no hard evidence, mind you :p
In Texas, the professional schools are required by state law to accept at least 90% state residents. This will seem daunting to any out-of-state applicants, and I know OSUCOM is the same way. Out of state applicants have a harder time getting in.

For example, if TCOM accepts 120 people in a class, only 12 can be out-of-state.

Don't let the stats fool you: I was accepted to OSU-COM and am a Texas resident. I was not accepted to TCOM. Apply even if you think you don't qualify, because the reverse may occur from what you expect.