I really need some energy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Revilla

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was going to be cheesy and put it in terms of physics and chemistry, but I'll cut to the chase. Something has zapped my energy for the past few days. I've been going to bed and waking up at the normal time, working out, eating right. I don't know what it is. Anyone have any advice? Any snacks I could try to give me a boost (no protein bars -- I hate the taste of them)? I'm testing on the 13th. Now isn't the time to be running out of steam.

Members don't see this ad.

It sounds like you're burned out. You might want to take a full day off to recoup. During that day make sure you have fun doing whatever you want. Another thing, if you're doing a practice test every day or every other day, try doing a test once every 3 days. Sometimes doing tests too frequently has led people to burn out.

Edit: Yes, I know you still probably want to study and don't see taking a break as a good idea. However, what good is studying if you're too burned out to take in the information?

I know, but I got a late start and my scores are still about 5 points (overall) from where I need them to be. I haven't taken a practice test since Saturday. I'm planning on taking another one this Friday.

Like I said, if you aren't absorbing the information due to burn out, you might as well take a break and recoup. Every day you don't, you're studying inefficiently and wasting more time. 5 days of studying without taking in the information is worse than 1 day off to recoup.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was going to be cheesy and put it in terms of physics and chemistry, but I'll cut to the chase. Something has zapped my energy for the past few days. I've been going to bed and waking up at the normal time, working out, eating right. I don't know what it is. Anyone have any advice? Any snacks I could try to give me a boost (no protein bars -- I hate the taste of them)? I'm testing on the 13th. Now isn't the time to be running out of steam.

Dude, I burnt myself out big time over the weekend... Actually got a pretty bad flu. Forced myself to take an entire day off... no studying what so ever. Actually came back, and felt like my brain could actually work. Try it... It will be worth you while to just do something not MCAT related for an entire day.