SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

I really want to get to Des Moines

Discussion in 'Pre-Podiatry Students' started by janjanbureh, Mar 1, 2007.

1. janjanbureh

janjanbureh 7+ Year Member

Feb 20, 2007
    Hi guys i recently applied Des Moines College of Podiatric Medicine but i was told that i need to take MCAT...i am planning to take it though. I am in Graduate school now..so i wonder what is the chance of me being accepted. I have 3.52 GPA with 3.67 scince GPA. i guess i will go ahead and prepare for MCAT.
    Any advice guys.

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Dr_Feelgood

Dr_Feelgood Guest 10+ Year Member

Feb 16, 2006
    Iowa
    Kick @ss on the MCAT. It is simple but with the GPA a solid MCAT score will solidify your seat at CPMS. Good luck and trust me the hard work is worth it.

4. janjanbureh

janjanbureh 7+ Year Member

Feb 20, 2007
    thanks er u currently a student at DCPM...do u like the schoool..am planning a vist there to have the first hand knowledge of the school

5. jonwill

jonwill Podiatrist Podiatrist Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Sep 21, 2005
    Southwest
    CPMS is a solid program and will get you where you want to be as long as you're willing to work hard.

6. PodWif

PodWif 10+ Year Member

Feb 25, 2007
    Your science GPA sounds great to me, I would be suprised if you didn't get in, but honestly I know very little about the whole process just how my husband's experience was.

He applied in January of this year which we thought was pretty late, so weren't sure what his chances would be. Anyway, maybe my husband was just the exception I don't know but we both feel very blessed and amazed at how wonderful the podiatry interviewing and acceptances went, we were both blown away.

So hopefully this helps and the better you can do on the MCAT I am sure that will help you get in early and with many a scholarship options.