I received an interview invitation in february!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medschoolcrazy

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I saw a thread like last year. Thought it would be good to start to give people hope...

Members don't see this ad.

Feb is not that late. April is pretty late.

Congratulations! what school do you have the Feb interview with?

Members don't see this ad :)
sorry for the confusion.....i just thought it would be cool to start this

sorry for the confusion.....i just thought it would be cool to start this
:laugh::laugh::laugh:so basically you are giving hope to those that read this thread title yet it is not a real hope since it hasnt happend.......FALSE HOPE.

BTW: this is the most gunnerish thread ever.:laugh::thumbup:

Hi all, this is actually my first post here (though I've been lurking for a while). I received an invite to Jefferson today (and I'd been hoping they'd give me one for awhile, complete since early-Octoberish), so there's still hope. :)

Edit: Interview is scheduled for Feb. 28th, if anyone's wondering

Posted this in the "Schools are now giving interviews in ________" thread, but worth repeating given that it was in Feb... Got an invite to Downstate yesterday (2/1) for 2/15

I received an invite yesterday (2/1) for an interview at UWisc-Madison on March 9. I'm so excited since this has been a long process and my first interview invite. I haven't heard how long they are interviewing through, but I think March 9 might be one of their last days, especially since I think they only interview on Fridays. I hope they don't have a full class yet though. :( I don't think they've had much, if any, waitlist movement the last few years.

Invited this morning (called, they said the letter is in the mail) for a March 26th interview at Wayne State.

I was complete roughly 2 weeks ago.

Hi all, this is actually my first post here (though I've been lurking for a while). I received an invite to Jefferson today (and I'd been hoping they'd give me one for awhile, complete since early-Octoberish), so there's still hope. :)

Edit: Interview is scheduled for Feb. 28th, if anyone's wondering

I will be there on Feb 28th also, just got the invite yesterday!

Members don't see this ad :)
I think the best way to stop freaking out about not getting interviews is to look at the interview reviews from last year on SDN....you'll notice a lot of people entered reviews from Feb and well into March (I saw some interviews that happened on March 17 last year). So there' s definately still hope! Most interview seasons really do run until April.

All right, I'll throw my hat in there. I may have the latest scheduled interview date yet. I was invited on Wednesday (so technically in January but pretty freakin' close to February) for an interview at Rosalind Franklin on March 29th. I'm excited to get an interview there since my application was lost, and I had to scramble to resubmit it at the LAST minute. I'm just hoping in doesn't mean that since it's so late, it's only a waitlist interview, but I'll take what I can get!

I think the best way to stop freaking out about not getting interviews is to look at the interview reviews from last year on SDN....you'll notice a lot of people entered reviews from Feb and well into March (I saw some interviews that happened on March 17 last year). So there' s definately still hope! Most interview seasons really do run until April.

What makes this thread especially helpful is that invites will stop before interviews do, with very few exceptions. I'm willing to bet that the vast majority of March interviews were scheduled in February. Being able to keep tabs helps me figure out which schools are have already shoved my application in the reject-in-April pile. So thanks, everyone who's posting. Congrats on your interviews. :D

Hey, great thread. I've got a handful of schools I've heard nothing from since I submitted my secondary and this is a great way for me to check up on them.

I wonder if any of the big-name schools are still sending invitations to interview.

Very recently booked an interview at NYMC on the 15th. Called Downstate yesterday to check on my status and was told that I am definitely being invited for an interview, they just haven't had the chance to email me yet.

keep the faith.....

Congrats on the invites vh! That'll show Buffalo.

Downstate, emailed me 1/31, interview 3/5. It is my first, so a bit of pressure.

Just got in touch with UMaryland - apparently I have been in line for an interview invite but it never got sent out (???) so I should officially get invited on Monday... I sent an email update letter and got in touch with the admissions people.

There is hope for in state residents who were complete late!! (10/20)...

Just got in touch with UMaryland - apparently I have been in line for an interview invite but it never got sent out (???) so I should officially get invited on Monday...
Congrats, KaraKiz. This has been a long time coming. Do you have any idea when the interview might fall?

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you...

Congrats, KaraKiz. This has been a long time coming. Do you have any idea when the interview might fall?

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you...

Thanks :) They havent sent out the official email yet, I think they will get that out on Monday. I can't wait... :)

this morning invite to Boston University. Complete since mid decemberish...whenever the deadline was for the secondary.

I got an interview from Tufts! A few desirable and undesirable schools had already rejected me so I figured it was all over for me. They have some close interview slots too but I don't think I'll be prepared in time. It's my first interview too so I'm freakin' out man. Freakin' out!!

Update, got an interview from Emory today too. Pretty friggin' sweet.

i know someone who was accepted into one school the day before he was scheduled to MOVE into another school. we're talking august.
things can go later than expected.

Update, got an interview from Emory today too. Pretty friggin' sweet.

It's been so long since I've submitted my secondary to Emory, I forgot if they have a status page. Do they? If so, can someone post a link to it? Thanks.

heard from Case yesterday for a Feb. 23rd interview. complete in september...

didn't see that coming!

Got a call from Loyola 2 days ago for an interview next week! Keep em coming!

Got an interview today from UC Davis!!! (complete late september)

UASOM -- 2/22!!!!!

:D :cool: :love:

I got an interview from Tufts! A few desirable and undesirable schools had already rejected me so I figured it was all over for me. They have some close interview slots too but I don't think I'll be prepared in time. It's my first interview too so I'm freakin' out man. Freakin' out!!

Congrats! :D

Congrats! :D
Thanks! And I just got a Drexel invite (the next day). Two days ago, people were patting me on the back saying "med school isn't everything" and implying that it was pretty much over. So I went from completely dejected to a lucky fool with "multiple" interviews in 48 hours. Now I can distribute my eggs between two baskets. This process really screws with your head.

bleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep

I'm so frickin' tired of checking status pages, email, and the mailbox several times a day. Ugh :(

:laugh: My sentiments exactly! I'm seriously developing an obsessive compulsive disorder: sometimes I can't stop myself from checking the mail on Sunday "just in case". Just in case what?!?! It's freakin' SUNDAY! Get back in the house!

I've become completely and totally irrational. It's quite pathetic really. My new goal (as of yesterday morning) is: quit being insane and trying to control the uncontrollable. If I can last a week, I'll consider it a succes. :rolleyes:

P.S. We are very similar applicants (e.g., age, mcat, gpa) and I've received a few interviews so don't lose hope!

So I went from completely dejected to a lucky fool with "multiple" interviews in 48 hours. Now I can distribute my eggs between two baskets. This process really screws with your head.

Indeed, this process has been messing with all (ok, most) of our heads. I know what you mean, though...all of my eggs are currently in one basket - a waitlist basket, no less. I have 17 applications still "floating around" waiting for some kind of action, which is my own fault for applying close to the deadlines rather than early in the cycle (thanks to having taken the August MCAT.)

I, too, am one of the fanatics constantly checking status pages, e-mail, and my mailbox. I'm putting the line on my number of interviews over/under at 3 1/2, and it's beginning to look like under. :(