Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

I received secondary app from GWU in the mail today...

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Spang, Jul 9, 2001.

1. Spang

Spang SDN Angel
    10+ Year Member

...along with a cover letter basically saying it's ok to submit their app with a printed AMCAS but that they will require official AMCAS app before offering an interview.

BTW they have a nice school catalog!

Let the games begin...

Spang

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. mdhopeful

mdhopeful Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Spanger, any interest in sharing what the GWU secondary questions are? I'm still waiting for mine.

4. Spang

Spang SDN Angel
    10+ Year Member

Oh sure....be aware there is a note in bold that says to "use only the space provided" (4 or 5 lines) and "do not submit responses on additional sheets" and further "Do not reference your AMCAS web application" (some 20/20 foresight there!!)

"If you are not attending school full time during the entire 2001-2002 school year, please indicate activities, coursework, employment or other occupation for that period to account for full-time involvement"
    (6lines)

"Please account for all gaps in time that may exist on your AMCAS application" (5 lines)

"All careers in medicine involve both science and people. While we expect all physicians to be competent in both areas, please <b>choose</b> which you think will be more important to you <b>personally</b> in your medical future." (4 lines to write!)

"Many of you will receive multiple acceptances to medical school. Briefly detail the considerations that will be important to you in deciding whether to accept an offer of a position to our program." (5 lines)

The application is a stiff blue paper that is four pages folded like a manilla folder. Can't wait to mangle this one in the typewriter.

BTW in case you're interested, SLU said their secondary is available on line and one could fill it out and send it in with a printed copy of the AMCAS 2002 app. Talked to them on the phone today and they seem as frustrated as the rest of us. As I said a few weeks ago our end of this whole thing is just the beginning!!! They have their own cross to bear.

Best of luck.....

Spang

5. mdhopeful

mdhopeful Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Spanger, you are the bomb. What made you finally come around?

6. Spang

Spang SDN Angel
    10+ Year Member

It was truly fear of being the only one and the school (only GWU at the time) getting pissed at me b/c AMCAS got pissed at them or some such thing. I'm truly not selfish and delight in the success of others!!

Trying to be a better person,

Spang

7. mdhopeful

mdhopeful Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Thanks. Fellow SDNers are grateful. Did you happen to get the SLU secondary? I went to their website but found nothing. Are you talking about St. Louis U or some other SLU?

8. Spang

Spang SDN Angel
    10+ Year Member

The URL the lady gave me (Nancy) doesn't work. Maybe I wrote it down wrong. She gave me:

medschool.slu.edu/application

Guess I'll call back tomorrow.

Spang

9. Hopkins2010

Hopkins2010 Membership Revoked
    Removed

I checked the URL and it works. It gives you a listing of the secondary application files in both PDF and Microsoft Word format.

Type it in without putting a www on the front.

10. Hopkins2010

Hopkins2010 Membership Revoked
    Removed

If anybody cant access the application for SLU, email me or post a note here and I will email the file to you.

Good luck to everyone.

11. C U in MD school

C U in MD school Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

simple question.
    when did you submit you AMCAS and if you log back into amcas website, do the dates show on when Amcas submited your application to all the schools?
    thanx
    :D

12. mdhopeful

mdhopeful Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Thanks Spanger. The links works according to how Baylor21 described. Good luck guys/gals.

13. Doctor Wyldstyle

Doctor Wyldstyle Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

14. jmejia1

jmejia1 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I still can't get the SLU secondary. Can you email me the file?
    [email protected]

by the way, many people on this site are awesome and so helpful. that's only creating a very helpful envirnment. I plan to do my part if I feel I can share helpful info.