I saw Dr. 90210 for the first time!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

inside_edition

Waitlisted Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I saw Dr. 90210 for the very first time and I am psyched up. How competitive is it to get a cosmetic surgery residency and how long is it?

Members don't see this ad.

*LOL* Dr. Rey is, like, hot! ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh yeah, especially in that episode when she weighed 88 pounds. :rolleyes:

No, seriously, she is pretty cute. I just wish she would eat something.

That guy dresses like a douche

No way! His wife is far from hot.

Oh, but wasn't he so sweet when he went to Mexico and cried for all the poor people?

Sorry, OP, but I obviously have no idea what the answer to your question is.

Oh yeah, especially in that episode when she weighed 88 pounds. :rolleyes:

No, seriously, she is pretty cute. I just wish she would eat something.

But she is a short/petite girl. If she eats too much shell become a "chub". Anyways she stareted working out and now HOT HOT HOT!

I saw Dr. 90210 for the very first time and I am psyched up. How competitive is it to get a cosmetic surgery residency and how long is it?

Dr. Rey did a general surgery residency and a fellowship in plastic surgery. There are integrated programs where you can match right out of medical school. This is probably the most competitive specialty to match in to.

I think he's not really a board-certified plastic surgeon. He did something like a breast fellowship at Harvard but that was just about all plastic "training" he's got. There have been many topics regarding his credentials in Surgery forum, so you can do a search there. He's a joke in the medical community I've heard....

Members don't see this ad :)
I think he's not really a board-certified plastic surgeon. He did something like a breast fellowship at Harvard but that was just about all plastic "training" he's got. There have been many topics regarding his credentials in Surgery forum, so you can do a search there. He's a joke in the medical community I've heard....

I'd think that most of cosmetic "medicine" is a joke in the medical community. I'm not talking about the dermatologists and plastic surgeons that do a lot of other things on top of cosmetics. But those like Dr. Rey who, all he doess is breast implants. How lame.

I'd think that most of cosmetic "medicine" is a joke in the medical community. I'm not talking about the dermatologists and plastic surgeons that do a lot of other things on top of cosmetics. But those like Dr. Rey who, all he doess is breast implants. How lame.

It may be lame but i am sure he is making much more than those others in the medical community!

It may be lame but i am sure he is making much more than those others in the medical community!

Well, they do make a lot. But according to the surveys, Cardiologists, Orthopedic surgeons, radiologists, gastroenterology, etc. are all pretty on par with them give or take.

But Dr. Rey probably is at the max for plastics. He's still lame. His suits are lame, his hair is lame, his martial arts are lame. But why do I watch his show? Lol...dam entertaining. :thumbup:

*LOL* Dr. Rey is, like, hot! ;)
Um, Dr. Rey is, like, old!

And don't get me wrong, I like skinny girls, but his wife acts "sickly." She looks great, but she seems rather frail.

Well, they do make a lot. But according to the surveys, Cardiologists, Orthopedic surgeons, radiologists, gastroenterology, etc. are all pretty on par with them give or take.

But Dr. Rey probably is at the max for plastics. He's still lame. His suits are lame, his hair is lame, his martial arts are lame. But why do I watch his show? Lol...dam entertaining. :thumbup:

you are an idiot. an avg cardiologist and orthopedic surgeon combined doesn't make as much as dr. rey. surveys just give you averages---don't compare the average plastic surgeon salary you see on a survey, which includes academic surgeons who make a fraction of what dr. rey makes---to an extremely successful beverly hills plastic surgeon.

Woah, that's wild! He did his plastics residency at my state school...UT Memphis >). It's funny though, I've heard him talk about Harvard (a lot), but never Tufts or UT where the bulk of his medical education was.....

I think everyone heavily mentions their best and fails to mention their not so best.

He's a tool. And to answer the question....there isn't a "cosmetic surgery" residency per se...or at least none that I have heard of. Plastics would be the closest to that, or facial plastics for ent stuff but you have to look at the residency programs to see how much cosmetic stuff they throw in....There are family practice guys, derms, and a bunch of other areas that offer cosmetic procedures such as injections and what not...it is usually a good cashflow and you are guarenteed your cash and pretty easy hours compared to some others....but on the flip side the straight cosmetics stuff seems very unfulfilling to me...regular plastics is very very cool and makes a big difference, bigger breasts, and what not...eh Not unless it was some horrible emotionally scarring situation. I think a lot of those people need to spend the money on psych help before bigger boobies.

you are an idiot. an avg cardiologist and orthopedic surgeon combined doesn't make as much as dr. rey. surveys just give you averages---don't compare the average plastic surgeon salary you see on a survey, which includes academic surgeons who make a fraction of what dr. rey makes---to an extremely successful beverly hills plastic surgeon.

How do u know that premed? Your contradicting yourself since the averages for orthopedics surgeons, etc. also contain the numbers for academic orthopods. I'm guessing Dr. Rey is your idol. LMAO.

I think everyone heavily mentions their best and fails to mention their not so best.

Regardless, i think even back then, getting any type of plastics fellowship was EXTREMELY competitive. Very little spots for a decent amount of applicants. Same for derm. This chief dermatology resident was telling me how there's like 300 applicants for 1 spot. And these applicants are all top notch!

boob cutters are not physicians.
They're more like autobody technicians

Those plastic surgeons can do some amazing things these days (even the ones who do boobs). I worked in surgery for a year after college scrbbing in w/ docs and the maxio-facial stuff was my favorite. Those MD/DDSs are baddass

Those plastic surgeons can do some amazing things these days (even the ones who do boobs). I worked in surgery for a year after college scrbbing in w/ docs and the maxio-facial stuff was my favorite. Those MD/DDSs are baddass

Those guys are the only reason I'd consider dental school...which wasn't a reason enough for me.