I screwed up this semester

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bamboo5280

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just got my fall semester grades today... I didn't realize that I screwed it up so badly...My semester GPA was around 2.8. How is this going to affect my chances? My GPA was 3.8 on the AMCAS. Do medical schools ask for updated transcripts? My #1 choice is University of Colorado and I have an interview there in January. What the heck am I going to do?

Members don't see this ad.

Don't worry too much about it. I too was concerned about it affecting decisions already made, or at schools that are still doing post-interview review. Most schools just want you to pass, although low grades could be disadvantageous to you if you are on a waitlist. From my experience, most other applicants in school see their grades suffer and admissions people are aware of this. Take my words with a grain of salt though as I am only speculating from what I've heard both directly and indirectly from adcoms.

thanks a lot chapinsita. I'll try not to worry too much about it.

Yeah, the question is, did you get a C or above in all of your classes? I think you are in danger if schools are waiting to see your grades BEFORE they ask you for an interview or make a final decision. I knew it was going to be borderline for me because of my numbers, so I took extra care to pay attention to them. Now I think I can sway some schools who are iffy about me with my grades this quarter.

I really feel bad (on top of excited) for everyone who has had so many interviews... It is hard to miss so much school and then be expected to maintain your great numbers. It's not like you just had that 1 school's interview the whole season. They expect us to get the 4.0 during this process, but it's just not that easy!!

Good Luck, bamboo... I hope it works out in the end

P.S. I love bamboo shoots in my chinese food. YUMMY YUMMY IN MY TUMMY!!