I should calm down.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Maison

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I made a ninety-one on an exam. I was disappointed in myself that I didn't do perfectly, and that I'm making high B's in two classes.

Typical pre-med overachieving neuroses, and yet I realized recently that I fell for it.

Members don't see this ad.

I made a ninety-one on an exam. I was disappointed in myself that I didn't do perfectly, and that I'm making high B's in two classes.

Typical pre-med overachieving neuroses, and yet I realized recently that I fell for it.
Just work harder. I was so pissed I made a 90 on a final and got a 89.7 in the class. He gave me a B.:mad:

same here. i made a 89.54 on chem lab and the dude gave me a B. our school does not have b pluses or minuses. :mad:

Members don't see this ad :)
Haha, you noobs and your B's

same here. i made a 89.54 on chem lab and the dude gave me a B. our school does not have b pluses or minuses. :mad:
Man that pisses me off. Hell we might as well got a 80 even and used less energy. That makes a big difference in your gpa

Last edited:
My least favorite is when I made a 91.8 in my Gen Chem II lab and got a B because 92 was the cutoff. Why do professors change the scale? Just make the class harder ffs.

Just work harder.

I plan on finding a way to work harder without stressing myself out too much. No point in trying for medical school if you can't handle the rigors of your undergrad years.

Also, I did mean for this thread to be a basic, "List examples of you acting like a typical gunner pre-med and later realizing how you acted," kind of thing.

SPECIAL SECRET: you can get B's in half your BCPM classes and still get into a top 20 medical school.

the semester just started two weeks ago....how are you having exams already?

Meh. This isn't the worst thing to stress over. It's a lot better to have As than it is to have "high B's." Stress can be a pretty good motivator sometimes. The trick is to try to reduce the stress which doesn't actually help you achieve anything.

Members don't see this ad :)
the semester just started two weeks ago....how are you having exams already?
HA! What school do YOU go to? I got a take home quiz on the first day and missed it because of work. Moral of story: never think its too early for a test.

HA! What school do YOU go to? I got a take home quiz on the first day and missed it because of work. Moral of story: never think its too early for a test.
A school with reasonably sane professors??

Speaking of calming down, I almost threw my organic chem book through my window. I hate NMR so much. Typical textbook scenario: one paragraph of text, two easy study problems with obvious solutions, then 5 impossible questions that still make absolutely no sense even when I look at the solutions manual.

:boom:

Bonus rage for the 'draw the structure of this compound' question that combines mass spec, IR, and NMR into a single question, and the compound is intentionally engineered to give hard to interpret mass spec/IR/NMR charts.

Venting sure feels good. :)

Speaking of calming down, I almost threw my organic chem book through my window. I hate NMR so much. Typical textbook scenario: one paragraph of text, two easy study problems with obvious solutions, then 5 impossible questions that still make absolutely no sense even when I look at the solutions manual.

:boom:

Bonus rage for the 'draw the structure of this compound' question that combines mass spec, IR, and NMR into a single question, and the compound is intentionally engineered to give hard to interpret mass spec/IR/NMR charts.

Venting sure feels good. :)
Lemme guess, you're using Maitland Jones's text? I will never understand where they come up with these so called "Additional Problems." More like Additional Bull****, amirite?

Thats the spirit. That's actually a very healthy outlook in life. Good luck for the rest of college.

Thats what a curve is for.