Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

I should have stayed away from my mailbox!

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Medical123, Dec 7, 2002.

1. Medical123

Medical123 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

What a crappy day!!! I trudge out to my mailbox despite all of the ice and snow that we have here and brave the freezing cold weather only to find a rejection from my first choice school, UF.

If that was not bad enough, I get TWO rejection letters from EVMS! Dang! They must have really not wanted me!:eek: One would have been sufficient enough to give me the message.

Then, I find a returned assignment from my distance Immunology professor. She has all of these nasty little notes written on it condemning me for paraphrasing too much from the text and though I got an A on this particular assignment, she has threatened to fail me if it happens again. :mad: I don't know what in the heck this woman wants. Apparently, a lot of people must get this same message for she thoroughly outlined her policy on how she has handled other students who have done this in the past. However, she doesn't respond to questions or return assignments in a timely manner so I doubt asking her would help me any.

The best piece of mail that I got today was my phone bill! Not even a Christmas card! What a day!+pissed+

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. am really sorry, if u send me ur address, i'll send u a christmas card. :)

am really sorry though :( +pissed+

4. isidella

7+ Year Member

Hang in there!

VVVVVV virtual christmas card VVVVVVV
    ranters, elf, santa, tree, lights, reindeer, package with a red bow
    :)

Sorry, it will get better if it can't get worse, eh?

5. kaos

kaos Web Crawler
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Sorry, but what are "ranters?":confused:

6. jalan2

jalan2 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I am soooooo sorry to hear that you had to go through all of those, especially in one day!!!!!!

Don't hang your head down, please stay positive and have the best of luck after this!!!!!!

BIG HUGZ for you!!!!

7. DoubleDoctor

DoubleDoctor Ceder Dog's Daddy
    7+ Year Member

Keep your chin up. Perhaps, you will get into a school you like better than UF. Sometimes I think that things happen for a reason and we get so wrapped up in that we didn't get what we wanted that we fail to see that perhaps it was for the best. You know, the "closing a door, opening a window adage". Good luck with the rest of your apps.

8. isidella

7+ Year Member

The horns on a reindeer? I think. . .

9. lola

lola Bovine Member
    7+ Year Member

:confused:
    you mean antlers?
    i have NO idea what ranters are other than people who scream, yell, and complain!

10. pillowhead

pillowhead Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

hey, you don't want to go to UF anyway. I don't know if you're already a student here, but Gainesville completely sucks in opinion and I'm sooo ready to get out of here.

i'll send you a Christmas/Chanukah/Kwanzza card too if you give me your address! I'm the greeting card queen...:laugh:

11. PrincessCKNY

PrincessCKNY Crown Royal Member
    7+ Year Member

Sorry to hear that...I totally feel your pain.

Got two rejection letters, am about $3000 in debt, and my computer is acting really weird. I have an exam and a final for the same class this week. Next week I have 2 interviews and traveling from CA to Hershey/Philly is going to be pretty tiresome. :(

On the upside, Xmas is fast approaching! :)

12. Tweetie_bird

7+ Year Member

Heyyyyyy, Medical123

I know what you mean about having those kinds of days. But cheer up! Today is a new day. Go rent a movie that will make you laugh your pants off....I rented Shallow Hal last night and it was hilarious.

Perhaps you need a fix...like a massage. Or perhaps a jog in the cold crisp air? :) Today is sunday, which is no-mail day. I hate looking at my mail (there have been times I have let it just collect) because I don't want another rejection. Trust me, after having 8 of those piled up....who needs more, right?

I know it's tough right now and the holiday season approaching soon has me even more worried about delays etc. PM me if you wanna talk, I'm here to listen.

And have a GREAT day ahead!!
    Tweetie

13. Medical123

Medical123 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Thanks for the support and letting me vent! You guys are great! I have decided to let yesterday pass and concentrate on the rest of my schools and on the interview that I do have in a couple of weeks!:D

14. streetdoc

streetdoc Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    You have a GREAT attitude!
    there is nothing you can do about a rejection, but it is important to not let that hinder your next interviews!
    Learn from your other interview/application experience and know that you are now wiser and more confident than ever!
    Go get 'em!!!:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
    streetdoc