I spend days at a time waiting for med school e-mail...

Severus

FTSM!
10+ Year Member
Jul 3, 2004
11,107
102
teh OR
Status
Resident [Any Field]
... and all I keep getting is this lousey :spam: .



YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH! +pissed+


For God's sake, man, I do not need Cialis!!
 

MiesVanDerMom

D.o. or Die
10+ Year Member
Nov 16, 2004
1,454
14
With my husband, my kids, and the hellcat
Status
Resident [Any Field]
i was reading in People about this woman who killed her husband over financial problems. turns out the problem was she actually fell for the scam in those emails you get about some african dude needing you to help him being millions of dollars into the U.S. you know which one I'm talking about? so messed up. Spam kills....
 

baylormed

On the Search
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 4, 2005
4,304
49
Right behind you
Status
Post Doc
Severus said:
... and all I keep getting is this lousey :spam: .



YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH! +pissed+


For God's sake, man, I do not need Cialis!!
You too???

I thought I was the only one being offered VIzAGRA three times a day...stupid spam.

I'm 19 years old! I don't need your stupid medication :cool: Shouldn't you be contaminating the e-mails from people in...I don't know....nursing homes???
Do you think college kids need that stuff....I think not :rolleyes:
 
About the Ads

Johnny_one_eye

Phleboptimist
10+ Year Member
Jun 21, 2006
166
0
Chicago
Status
Medical Student
:idea: Get a gmail account and have it "check" your other email for you if you have one (school or whatnot). It captures about 98% of the spam that comes to my email account, and very, very rarely (if ever) marks something as spam that isn't.

:)
 

NYMC MD 2B

Member
10+ Year Member
Jul 23, 2006
61
0
Status
You guys will not last the cycle if you keep this up. You need to calm down. Make a vow...I will check my email three times per day...once when I wake up, once at noon, and one time around dinner time. Otherwise, you will definitely lose it!! wait until you finish your interviews and you are waiting for the mail! Last cycle, my mailman started coming at 6 in the evening just in time for acceptances to be mailed out
 
OP
Severus

Severus

FTSM!
10+ Year Member
Jul 3, 2004
11,107
102
teh OR
Status
Resident [Any Field]
MiesVanDerMom said:
i was reading in People about this woman who killed her husband over financial problems. turns out the problem was she actually fell for the scam in those emails you get about some african dude needing you to help him being millions of dollars into the U.S. you know which one I'm talking about? so messed up. Spam kills....
Yeah, I've gotten variations on that one. All spam annoys me. On some level, though, I kind of like those royal pleas for help, because it helps me to learn my African geography. For instance, I had no idea that:

1. Namibia was even a country until I received an e-mail from one of their "Princes" and Angelina Jolie had a kid there.

2. Guinea-Bissau existed let alone that it was nowhere near New Guinea.


War and spam.... it's how Americans learn geography. :thumbup:
 
OP
Severus

Severus

FTSM!
10+ Year Member
Jul 3, 2004
11,107
102
teh OR
Status
Resident [Any Field]
baylormed said:
You too???

I thought I was the only one being offered VIzAGRA three times a day...stupid spam.

I'm 19 years old! I don't need your stupid medication :cool: Shouldn't you be contaminating the e-mails from people in...I don't know....nursing homes???
Do you think college kids need that stuff....I think not :rolleyes:
Dude, I'm telling you my mail.med.someuniversity.edu account gets more v1agra and pEn!s enlargement spam than my college account ever did. I'm not sure if it's because medical schools are specifically targeted or because some geezer is looking up peen pills on a work computer.
 
OP
Severus

Severus

FTSM!
10+ Year Member
Jul 3, 2004
11,107
102
teh OR
Status
Resident [Any Field]
speaking of e-mails... I just checked it and I got nothing. :thumbdown: No BU secondary invite and not even any :spam:


So sad.
 
OP
Severus

Severus

FTSM!
10+ Year Member
Jul 3, 2004
11,107
102
teh OR
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Depakote said:
What you need is Viagragain. The weight loss pill for Bald Impotent Men.

I foresee problems with that one.


"Consult your physician if you notice hair growth in an odd place, or experience an erection lasting for longer than four hours. This maybe indicative of a severe medical problem. Viagragain is not for everyone. Pregnant women or women who may become pregnant should not handle Viagragain because it may cause certain birth defects. Talk to your physician today and see if Viagragain is right for you."
 

jackieMD2007

***MVI***
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 23, 2006
2,510
4
The Hospital
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Johnny_one_eye said:
:idea: Get a gmail account and have it "check" your other email for you if you have one (school or whatnot). It captures about 98% of the spam that comes to my email account, and very, very rarely (if ever) marks something as spam that isn't.

:)
Yes, And set up Gmail Notifier. Everytime my Yahoo! account goes off it could just be because ANN TAYLOR is having a sale or something. I feel you, Sev. :)
 
About the Ads