i study like crazy but i feel like i know nothing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

acs726

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
my first exam in antomy/histo/embryo is friday and i prepared for it every day (studied 5+hours since the beginning), but i feel only half of it ever sticks. should i be freaked out by the likelihood of failing or is this normal?

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah, you'll be fine. You probably know more than you think you do, especially if given in multiple choice format. I never felt truly prepared for any exam; I felt like I just kept studying my tail off and one day an exam happened.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Keep studying and do your best. Realize that everyone else is probably feeling the same way too

Reactions: 1 users
I still feel like I know nothing.

Reactions: 1 user
I realized that med school is all about studying and studying all the time. And I also realized that I don't like studying. Why didn't I realize this earlier?

Reactions: 2 users
I know that feeling. I feel like that as well very often, especially when it's about an exam that requires really a lot of reading, you're never positive whether you know enough or not

Last edited:
Normal, OP
I realized that med school is all about studying and studying all the time. And I also realized that I don't like studying. Why didn't I realize this earlier?
:laugh:

I forget 90% of what I learn right after the test:meh:

Yeah, you'll be fine. You probably know more than you think you do, especially if given in multiple choice format. I never felt truly prepared for any exam; I felt like I just kept studying my tail off and one day an exam happened.

This is so true. After I take an exam on a Friday I'm kinda in a daze like wtf do I do now I have no purpose in life

Very normal feeling op, you will be reviewing things that you learned for the rest of your life

my first exam in antomy/histo/embryo is friday and i prepared for it every day (studied 5+hours since the beginning), but i feel only half of it ever sticks. should i be freaked out by the likelihood of failing or is this normal?

You probably know more than you think you do. Memorization intensive classes are all about repetition. Classes that have a huge conceptual component like genetics and physiology are tougher, IMO. You can't brute force understanding a concept. Thus far, I feel like anatomy/histo has been easier than genetics, if only because I don't have to learn about linkage analysis and genome wide association studies. That part of genetics was pretty terrible.

This is so true. After I take an exam on a Friday I'm kinda in a daze like wtf do I do now I have no purpose in life

Very normal feeling op, you will be reviewing things that you learned for the rest of your life
Yeah it's exactly like that. I remember once when I had a test week and I had to write something like 10 exams, two every day. So when it finally ended, I had that weird feeling of having nothing to do during my way home. And, finally getting home, I simply laid down in bed and fell asleep

I felt like I just kept studying my tail off and one day an exam happened.

Hahahaha oh man. It's like you described how I feel better than I could.

i feel like this all the time. i don't know anything about anything

I know exactly what my purpose in life is after a Friday exam...

animal-house-chug-o.gif