I Tested Positive for COVID-19 AMA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted804295

Hello everyone,

It is officially my first day symptom free of COVID-19 after having symptoms for 11 days.

Ask Me Anything!

Members don't see this ad.

Could you describe your disease course?
I had what would be classified as a mild case because I'm early 20s with no preconditions but it was terrible. Worst sickness I've had in my life.

I started off with all the stereotypical symptoms on day 1 so I knew I had it almost immediately before I got tested. This included: cough, weightloss (3 lbs within two days), diarrhea, the worst migraine of my life, fever (101 degrees), and fatigue.

I slept all day for the first 2 days and had no strength to get out of bed.

By day 3 of symptoms my cough and fever had went away and I was left with the worst fatigue imaginable. I continued to rapidly lose weight and was only able to digest high calorie fluids.

By day 5 I thought I had recovered. I over exerted myself by going on a walk in my backyard and this was my worst mistake. When I came inside I could not get out of bed and I reached what they describe as the critical phase of COVID-19 the time that it gets significantly worse right when you think it gets better.

I could not open my eyes at all the next day and when I say I slept for 24 hours I mean I couldn't even lift my phone at all. My chest also developed severe pains (oddly enough with no cough). This lasted for 3 days and I honestly thought I was going to die.

Then I started to get better slowly. Fatigue began to go away and I developed a loss of smell and taste for 3 days.

Right now I believe I'm free from the virus because I have the energy to do daily tasks, I have no sinus pressure, and my smell and taste came back today. I'm still super nauseous and cannot eat much but so thankful because I think I got through the worst.

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Where were you exposed and has anyone contacted you to trace your contacts?
I was exposed from what I believe was my dad. I don't go out much since I work from home.

Unfortunately nobody contacted me to trace contacts. Idk if they're (the government) not treating it seriously anymore but I received no information after I tested positive. I was just sent a letter to stay home for 2 weeks.

I was exposed from what I believe was my dad. I don't go out much since I work from home.

Unfortunately nobody contacted me to trace contacts. Idk if they're (the government) not treating it seriously anymore but I received no information after I tested positive. I was just sent a letter to stay home for 2 weeks.
Omg

Reactions: 4 users
It's really scary how much neglect there was on the part of the government and the clinic I got tested at.

I was irritated that the clinic literally told me that I didnt need to have another checkup unless symptoms got worse and to not go to the hospital unless symptoms got bad.

Like really??? This virus that appeared out of nowhere in our country 4 months ago is being treated like its nothing.

It's really scary how much neglect there was on the part of the government and the clinic I got tested at.

I was irritated that the clinic literally told me that I didnt need to have another checkup unless symptoms got worse and to not go to the hospital unless symptoms got bad.

Like really??? This virus that appeared out of nowhere in our country 4 months ago is being treated like its nothing.

Wtf where is this

Reactions: 1 user
I'm so glad you're feeling better!

Did you track your O2 sats at all?
& did you seek further medical care when you thought you were going to die? Because I feel like I wouldn't have stayed home at that point.

Thanks!

I'm so glad you're feeling better!

Did you track your O2 sats at all?
& did you seek further medical care when you thought you were going to die? Because I feel like I wouldn't have stayed home at that point.

Thanks!
My O2 thankfully was 99% the entire time.

I was going to go to the hospital the next day after I felt like I was going to die from the fatigue and weakness but my mom came to the rescue masked up and nursed me back to health. I wish she didn't have to put herself in harms way but hospital protocol is tight and she didnt want me being stuck alone in an ICU without her.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
I start med school in a couple weeks. I recently had Covid along with my entire family. We got it at the beach. Luckily, I am improving and almost back to normal. My sense of smell is still not 100%. Losing smell was the weirdest thing. I was changing my daughters diaper and literally could not smell her poop. Not a bad thing I guess.

I start med school in a couple weeks. I recently had Covid along with my entire family. We got it at the beach. Luckily, I am improving and almost back to normal. My sense of smell is still not 100%. Losing smell was the weirdest thing. I was changing my daughters diaper and literally could not smell her poop. Not a bad thing I guess.
Yeah the smell for me not only decreased but I have this weird smell in my nose that smells almost like baking soda.

Even though I believe I am clear from the virus it's kinda weird that the weird smell lingers but I heard it's because the virus attacks the olfactory nerve

Thank goodness that you are feeling better now. What meds are you taking for 11 days? (just wondering if it
can be bought from pharmacy directly without physician's permission)

Thank goodness that you are feeling better now. What meds are you taking for 11 days? (just wondering if it
can be bought from pharmacy directly without physician's permission)
I took heavy cough syrup. It helped with chest congestion, cough, fever, and headache which was great for me because these are the bulk of common covid symptoms.

Some people take tylenol but for some reason it did not help me with my migraine at all.