I think I flunked my first year. What’re the odds of having to repeat the year versus getting kicked out?

crypticase

7+ Year Member
Jun 24, 2013
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
edit: Gonna leave this up so others can read the thread and get information if they need to.

Last edited:
Nov 12, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
While you’re waiting, seek out whatever resources you need to get healthy mentally, and prepare a well written statement about what led to to where you are and what you plan to do to fix your situation and progress forward. Know your school’s policies for repeating and appealing a decision if they choose to dismiss you. Have you spoken to academic counseling? Do you have to go before a student progress committee?

Being proactive and well-informed can only help you in this situation. The worse thing you can do is do nothing right now.

Reactions: 2 users

Cornfed101

2+ Year Member
Aug 10, 2017
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
You should just shoot an email to the student academic advisor (or whatever it’s called at your school). I was worried about failing a class earlier in the term and they told me exactly what the process was. It varies enough school by school that this is your best course of action

Reactions: 1 users

crypticase

7+ Year Member
Jun 24, 2013
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
While you’re waiting, seek out whatever resources you need to get healthy mentally, and prepare a well written statement about what led to to where you are and what you plan to do to fix your situation and progress forward. Know your school’s policies for repeating and appealing a decision if they choose to dismiss you. Have you spoken to academic counseling? Do you have to go before a student progress committee?

Being proactive and well-informed can only help you in this situation. The worse thing you can do is do nothing right now.
Just reached out to my advisor, that’s a good idea. Thanks for the advice, this all sounds very reasonable!

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
About the Ads

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.