I think I forgot to shake my interviewers' hands post interview

csx

May 8, 2013
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
you're finished. you're chances are done.

iWillOneDay

Membership Revoked
Removed
Aug 16, 2013
Status
Pre-Medical
Better luck next cycle. Not at that school though.

CUNYguy

The City Kid
May 11, 2014
Status
Pre-Medical
I think you're barred from US MD/DO, and Carib. I hear McDonald's workers might be paid $15/hour

Sent from my iPhone using SDN Mobile

Tstanfi2

5+ Year Member
Aug 20, 2013
Status
Resident [Any Field]
From what I hear handshake is more closely scrutinized than mcat so hopefully your gpas are strong enough to overcome your handshake deficits

Reactions: AlteredScale

Awesome Sauceome

SDN Gold Donor
Gold Donor
5+ Year Member
Oct 30, 2013
In a pine tree
Status
Non-Student

for real though, I am sure it is fine, so long as the rest of the interview went fine and your numbers are decent enough.

AlteredScale

Staff member
Administrator
5+ Year Member
May 10, 2013
Status
Medical Student
Would consider a BS to MSN track now. Without a doubt you are blacklisted to every MD/DO school.

Jul 15, 2013
Status
Pre-Medical
You guys are terrible ....hahaha....still a little funny though. OP don't worry about it. What's done is done....

Reactions: BPMED

Uafl112

5+ Year Member
Jun 25, 2013
Status
Medical Student
pathogens are spread from handshakes more so than talking and other forms of distribution (according to the internal med doc im shadowing). So consider not shaking his hand a favor, maybe even a service.

PlasticBag

7+ Year Member
Aug 23, 2012
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I laughed at all the responses but now I'm actually wondering... I thought it's the person "higher up" who should offer a handshake to the person "below" them? I.e. if an interviewer doesn't offer a handshake, I wouldn't initiate?

Jul 15, 2013
Status
Pre-Medical
I laughed at all the responses but now I'm actually wondering... I thought it's the person "higher up" who should offer a handshake to the person "below" them? I.e. if an interviewer doesn't offer a handshake, I wouldn't initiate?
poses an interesting question....