I think I have ADHD, maybe combined with depression.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SuzukiofJapan

Membership Revoked
Removed
Reaction score
I was never formally diagnosed, but I think I do have ADHD. While I am studying a lot of time, I feel like I'm getting nowhere as much done as what I should be. Sometimes, my mind will wander off, or I will get distracted by the lines on my desk, the wrinkles in my rug, etc. Worse of all, I will be distracted by things on the internet, or will be finding myself reading things over and over and not have a clue of what I read. This is further reflected in me consistently scoring below 60% on any quizzes.

This not only applies to med school, but also to other things. Every day, I return to my house after walking to my car cause I forgot something. I can never find my keys. My room and car gets messy easily. I'm always losing things. A few weeks ago, I lost a laptop charger. Then, I lost another laptop charger. Today, I shattered a glass of cologne. I have probably lost close to $1k worth of chargers (phone, laptop), cell phones, watches, headphones, and car keys in my lifetime. Not only is this a financial burden, but also an emotional one. I hate myself everytime I lose things. It also is time intensive, as I have to take time out of studying to go to best buy (or TJ Maxx today) to replace the items I lost and stresses me out.

Members don't see this ad.

Since I'm not seeing a question here, and mostly just speculation on medical conditions that we can't advise you about, this thread is being closed. If you think you have a medical condition please discuss with a licensed professional.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.