Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

I Think I Just Applied To Medical School Twice

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by rxfudd, Jun 23, 2001.

1. rxfudd

rxfudd 1K Member
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I submitted and walked away for a minute. I came back to see the log on screen, so I submitted again. This time, a screen popped that said, "Thank you for submitting - - - AMCAS. Have A Nice Day."

My balance is now zero dollars. And when I go to the print screen page, it says submiteed 6/23/01 where it used to say N/A. But did this whole thing happen during my first submission when I walked away (and didn't see the "thank you" screen)???

Will this increase my odds? Maybe my first application will be rejected and my second accepted!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. doctorperez

doctorperez Jesus was a dissident
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Indoubtedly!,

You just discovered the secret to getting accepted to virtually every school you apply to. It is the result of a badly written Perl script that would allow anyone to be automatically accepted to her/his school of choice. Just don't tell anyone at SDN. :D .

Just Teasing

DoctorPerez

4. rxfudd

rxfudd 1K Member
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    !!!!!!!!!!

Can we start calling me Dr. Rxfudd???

5. Popoy

Popoy SDN Super Moderator
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Wazzzz up Dr. Rxfudd!!! :D

6. mdhopeful

mdhopeful Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Rx, I had the same exact thing happen to me, but not when I walked away from the screen. Right in front of my eyes. I submitted the credit card info and a thank you screen came up. But, it looks almost exactly like the screen you submit the credit card info on. I actually almost thought I was complete and shut down my cpu. However, I did enter my password to be safe and then the screen with the "have a nice day" message came up. you didn't submit twice but once. if the printed app has a submission and processing date, you are good. congrats.