I Think I Just Applied To Medical School Twice

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by rxfudd, Jun 23, 2001.

1. rxfudd

rxfudd 1K Member

Attending Physician
    I submitted and walked away for a minute. I came back to see the log on screen, so I submitted again. This time, a screen popped that said, "Thank you for submitting - - - AMCAS. Have A Nice Day."

My balance is now zero dollars. And when I go to the print screen page, it says submiteed 6/23/01 where it used to say N/A. But did this whole thing happen during my first submission when I walked away (and didn't see the "thank you" screen)???

Will this increase my odds? Maybe my first application will be rejected and my second accepted!

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. doctorperez

doctorperez Jesus was a dissident

Resident [Any Field]
    Indoubtedly!,

You just discovered the secret to getting accepted to virtually every school you apply to. It is the result of a badly written Perl script that would allow anyone to be automatically accepted to her/his school of choice. Just don't tell anyone at SDN. :D .

Just Teasing

DoctorPerez

4. rxfudd

rxfudd 1K Member

Attending Physician
    !!!!!!!!!!

Can we start calling me Dr. Rxfudd???

5. Popoy

Popoy SDN Super Moderator

Resident [Any Field]
    Wazzzz up Dr. Rxfudd!!! :D

6. mdhopeful

mdhopeful Senior Member

Rx, I had the same exact thing happen to me, but not when I walked away from the screen. Right in front of my eyes. I submitted the credit card info and a thank you screen came up. But, it looks almost exactly like the screen you submit the credit card info on. I actually almost thought I was complete and shut down my cpu. However, I did enter my password to be safe and then the screen with the "have a nice day" message came up. you didn't submit twice but once. if the printed app has a submission and processing date, you are good. congrats.