I think I just got rejected by Penn...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Depakote

Pediatric Anesthesiologist
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Dear Applicant,

Admissions decisions for the University of Pennsylvania School of
Medicine have been made for the 2007 entering class. Your updated
status can be found on the status page at

http://www.med.upenn.edu/apps/my/pennmed_application

Thank you for your interest.

Sincerely,

University of Pennsylvania
School of Medicine
Office of Admissions and Financial Aid

Funny thing is, I didn't apply to Penn this year.

Members don't see this ad.

I didn't get an email and I did apply to Penn this year.. :confused: all in good time i suppose...

Edit: I just logged into my status page and it says:

Then a few short BS lines about how lots of good candidates applied and blah blah blah

Babel: Not Accepted

Thank you for your interest in Penn Med. You were among many candidates applying for acceptance to our class entering in the Fall 2007.
Although we are unable to offer you a position in the class, we hope you will succeed in your career goals to become a physician.

-- The Committee on Admissions

A little harsh, I thought. :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
Babel: Not Accepted

Thank you for your interest in Penn Med. You were among many candidates applying for acceptance to our class entering in the Fall 2007.
Although we are unable to offer you a position in the class, we hope you will succeed in your career goals to become a physician.

A little harsh, I thought. :laugh:

Putting the "not accepted" in big red letters was a nice touch. Wouldn't want to hunt all over the webpage for the info we need. :rolleyes:

Putting the "not accepted" in big red letters was a nice touch. Wouldn't want to hunt all over the webpage for the info we need. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I did think that they could have incorporated the use of all caps, and, perhaps, rephrased the decision slightly.

REJECTED

Maybe I'll send some feedback so they can improve for next year.

whatever - its not like i wanted to go there anyway.. pfffsst.. the sad part is i did really want to go there (I'm a liar and a bad applicant...)

Come on.. ONE acceptance.. thats all I need... :)

I got two rejection emails from them today, in case anyone wants one...

I didn't get an email and I did apply to Penn this year.. :confused: all in good time i suppose...

Edit: I just logged into my status page and it says:

Then a few short BS lines about how lots of good candidates applied and blah blah blah

Mine didn't even say good candidates. Just candidates..:laugh:

got two from them today, cept I didnt apply there.... I guess they just want to make sure I know what they think :p

I got two as well. Good thing. I thought the first one was a tentative rejection. The second one sealed the deal though.

I wonder if they also sometimes accept people who did not apply.

That had to be the most awesome rejection ever...
It's almost as good as getting dumped via text message or AIM. At least spend $0.39 and kill a tree or two to reject me!

Members don't see this ad :)
PENN: Hello, PennMed admissions.
Me: Hi. I had a question about my application status.
PENN: Last name please?
Me: D-A-L-K-Y.. Uh, actually, I just had a question on ---
PENN: Alright, I've got it right here--
Me: I know, I saw the webpage thing.
PENN: So what is your question?
Me: I was just wondering... if that means I am in or not. I'm sort of confused.
PENN: What?
Me: The webpage... it's just not that clear, I'm not sure if I'm accepted.
PENN: What is confusing about it? You're not in.
Me: Well, I was wondering, because the big red letters, I wasn't sure what that was, if maybe that was for me, or maybe it wasn't really referring to my application, or maybe you meant something different?
PENN: ....Seriously?
Me: Does that mean I didn't get in?

Wow, they were diplomatic w/ you guys, mine just said:

ruefr: You Suck

Haha...I love this thread.....

I got this message: Photo_girl07 is WITHDRAWN

Rejected Penn before they could reject me...sweet victory :)

I got the same email the OP got.

The kicker is that I'm an M1 now and didn't even apply to Penn last year...seems like Penn really has their s**t together :smuggrin:

This is what it brought up for me:

Pyrois: PWN3D

penn.jpg

I've posted this image like 4 times, it just gets funnier and funnier!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I've posted this image like 4 times, it just gets funnier and funnier!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Yeah, I love the fact that right over the large bold "Not Accepted" is a towering view of their building as though you were cowering before it, with the Penn shield prominently displayed. That has to have been intentional!

I'm just glad I wasn't the only one who thought, "Was the huge red banner necessary?" Hahaha.

Yeah, I love the fact that right over the large bold "Not Accepted" is a towering view of their building as though you were cowering before it, with the Penn shield prominently displayed. That has to have been intentional!

The best part? Look at the Penn coat of arms closely.

Coat of Arms = :(

Wow this sucks. I got rejected twice within like 10 minutes. I'm pretty sure I didn't apply there either.

haha, at least yours got processed! I mailed them a withdrawal letter about 4 months ago, but they still wrote "not accepted" for me...

I guess I got rejected 4 times, twice last year when I applied, twice this year while being an MSI. I think they hate me.

Damn, I wish I withdrew. I'm loving this one...

It's double the fun:laugh: :laugh:

To those who got accepted, did they tell you that in big red letters too? Or did it look like this:

Big red letters, too. Apparently its their way of doing things.

Haha, I got the email 4 times...4 TIMES!!! So I called them up and said:

"as much as I enjoy seeing in big red letters that I have been rejected, I just thought I would let you know that something is wrong with your system"

They were so damn apologetic hehehehe.

earlier this year, there was another guy on SDN who got rejected from a school that he didnt apply...

i guess it happens once in a while...

i wonder if acceptances have ever been given to those who didnt even apply...

thatd be HOT!!!

Wow, just wow.....penn admissions seems awfully reject-happy - but hey, everyone needs to get their kicks somehow!

Quix: SUCK IT

PENN: Hello, PennMed admissions.
Me: Hi. I had a question about my application status.
PENN: Last name please?
Me: D-A-L-K-Y.. Uh, actually, I just had a question on ---
PENN: Alright, I've got it right here--
Me: I know, I saw the webpage thing.
PENN: So what is your question?
Me: I was just wondering... if that means I am in or not. I'm sort of confused.
PENN: What?
Me: The webpage... it's just not that clear, I'm not sure if I'm accepted.
PENN: What is confusing about it? You're not in.
Me: Well, I was wondering, because the big red letters, I wasn't sure what that was, if maybe that was for me, or maybe it wasn't really referring to my application, or maybe you meant something different?
PENN: ....Seriously?
Me: Does that mean I didn't get in?

Please tell me you really did that.