1. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

I think I just made a BIG MESS UP

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by tinydancer1987, May 27, 2008.

1. tinydancer1987

uh oh

so i have esubmitted, transcripts are almost all in, DATs are done. everything is set

but dun dun dun, I look on student doctor and realize I may have fudged up on my credit hours/semester situation. PLEASE HELP ME!

so the deal is
    my undergrad gives 1 credit per class every semester. You need 32 to graduate. So I filled in "semester" and "1 credit" for all my classes
    But I took Orgo over the summer at a school, and 1 class was 4 credits. So I coded that "semester" and "4 credits"....

Was I supposed to convert my undergrad credits to something else. I just wrote exactly what appeared on my transcripts!!! And all the classes I have EVER taken have been semester classes. ohhh no... someone please tell me I didn't mess up even before this has begun.:scared::scared::scared:

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. jackbauer!

jackbauer! Guest

Dental Student
    chill out (you're going to fit in great at dental school, btw!). as long as you input it exactly as it appears on your transcript then you're fine.

jb!:)

4. d wannabe

Dental Student

If what you put is different from your official transcript, they will send you email to notify you and you can make correction and resumit again.

5. Brownstain

Dental Student
    Even if you did enter it wrongly addsas service will call you up in the case of confusion or wrong entry. They did this with me a few years back. Apparently the person checking my credits didn't realize that my transcript was two sided. They missed the back of my transcript and thought I made up half of my last semester! They left me a voicemail while I was on vacay, got a direct line in and solved the problem in 5 minutes. They were actually quite helpful.

6. UCSF2012

UCSF2012 Tooth Rehab Student

Rehab Sci Student
    It's not the end of the world. There's always next cycle. :)

7. DGDDS

Dentist

Resident [Any Field]
    Also, AADSAS has dealt with the credits vs. hours debacle before. Don't worry!

And don't panic later when a school says your haven't met all of the pre-reqs (i.e. You only had two hours of organic chem, please complete these before matriculation...). All you have to do is send them your transcript and explain the whole credit thing. Trust me, my school counted classes like yours does and adcoms are very understanding. And I'm not re-taking orgo. Thank God.

8. Dentalishus

Dental Student

You are dead wrong! :laugh: Funny but dead wrong.

I agree with the others, As long as you entered it the way it appears on your transcript you should be fine. In my experience they are pretty good at helping to fix mistakes.

9. Wolfram

Pre-Dental
    interesting. my school uses 0.5/1.0 credit system but i converted that to 3.00/6.00 credit hour system. so i didn't do it EXACTLY as is stated on my transcript

10. tinydancer1987

you guys are all the best
    me and my neurotic/micromanaging self reaallly appreciate it :laugh:
    hopefully, i don't get a "fix it" call...but if i do, well...we'll fix it

and to ucsf... i wish i had your zen :idea: haha