I think I screwed up....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AgentGreen

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I submitted my AMCAS a few days ago. I checked it 3 times before I submitted it, but just now I realized that even though I looked through the summary page for my course work multiple times, there was no mention of whether certain courses were "combined lecture and lab" or "lecture only" on the summary page. I went and checked individually, and I just realized I accidentally put "lecture only" for my second semester of physics and my upcoming semester of biochem. Is there anything I can do to fix this, or am I screwed?

Members don't see this ad.

Do the courses have more hours than a usual lecture course? For example, the combined courses at my undergrad were 4 hours rather than 3. If so, this might get caught during verification and be corrected. I don't think you can make changes to your transcript once it's submitted, so I would suggest e-mailing AMCAS after you're verified if it isn't corrected. Otherwise, you can look at the AMCAS handbook, which might have specifics on what to do.

Do the courses have more hours than a usual lecture course? For example, the combined courses at my undergrad were 4 hours rather than 3. If so, this might get caught during verification and be corrected. I don't think you can make changes to your transcript once it's submitted, so I would suggest e-mailing AMCAS after you're verified if it isn't corrected. Otherwise, you can look at the AMCAS handbook, which might have specifics on what to do.

Yes, they are 4 hours, but all semester-long courses at my school are 4 hours. I'm worried that schools will straight up reject me if they see my physics as "lecture only." Do I have to wait until my application is verified before I email them about it?

Members don't see this ad :)
you can make up to 10 mistakes/omissions (I think ) and they'll just fix it for you. if they don't correct it based on your transcripts you have 10 or 14 days or something to submit academic changes to them after they verify your primary.

honestly, on mine I screwed up the "freshman/sophomore/etc" designation because of the type of high school I went to (lots of actually college classes while in HS, so I listed my first year of college as "sophomore") and they just correct it throughout and verified, no issues..

you can make up to 10 mistakes/omissions (I think ) and they'll just fix it for you. if they don't correct it based on your transcripts you have 10 or 14 days or something to submit academic changes to them after they verify your primary.

honestly, on mine I screwed up the "freshman/sophomore/etc" designation because of the type of high school I went to (lots of actually college classes while in HS, so I listed my first year of college as "sophomore") and they just correct it throughout and verified, no issues..

Yeah I don't think I'll reach 10 fortunately. Ah ok, so I can do it after they verify? That's good to know, it's just really frustrating that on the big summary page that lists all your information for all your coursework, it's missing that information. The whole application has some quirks that frustrated me.

This is why they verify it with your transcripts. Don't sweat it.