I think I want to withdraw

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

portlander

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
From LLU. They sent me a secondary probably two weeks ago, and I have been to busy to even think of sending it back yet. DOes anyone on this forum know about the student body at LLU? Are they fun? I want a school that has a "study hard" mentality with the ability to kick it with the best of us. Plus, I don't know if there's skiikng down there in Cali.

Any thoughts? I applied there purely based on its west coast location, although I'm leaning east coast at this point in time.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi Portlander
About skiing: Big bear is really close to LLU about 30 min. Eventhough big bear has the best snow making machine in the world, don't compare it to Colorado or Canada. It is not the best but I think it is acceptable.
Mammoth and Lake Tahoe are about 4-5 hours away, the snow is pretty good.

Portlander-
I am also in your boat. I have received a secondary from LLU but have been so busy I haven't sent it back yey. It says in their packet of material that they send you that if you don't send it back with in 30 days they will not consider your application. Does anyone no anything about this.
In response to asking about LLU and their students, I had the opportunity to spend some time with four of their students over in the country of Ukraine practicing dentistry on orphans. I had a great time with them and yes they were alot of fun. I do know that this was only four of their students, but I ahd a great time. I was also able to observe the dental care they provided and was very impress. They had just finished their third year and were very competent. I don't know if this helps at all, but I do know that LLU is one of my first choices in big part to spending a few weeks with some of their students. By the way that was good to here that skiing is not far off from this school. I don't know what I would do if I end up in the mid west with no mountains. :eek:
the tooth fairy

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks ALI and toothfairy.

I think I might withdraw anyways. Geez, if I don't get into OHSU, I'm sol in terms of staying on the west coast! How's the east-coast outdoors scene? Any skiing/outdoor recreation over there? UBTom...any help? How easy is it to take off for a weekend?

Carmel

Hey Portlander!

I'm a few years behind you I think for schooling. I work at OHSU in the Clinical Engineering Department--Great place to work and the students all seem happy too! I have my B.S. in Health Care Administration and just returned to PSU to get my prereq's done for dental/medical school (am leaning more towards dental, but still "feeling" out both professions).

Hope you get in at OHSU--Have you looked at Univ. of Washington as an alternative if you don't get in?

When will you know if you got in at OHSU?

GOOD LUCK!!! Feel free to email me if you have any questions that I might be able to help you with at OHSU.

Corey Blankenship
[email protected]