i think ive screwed up my life

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ramjam

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
umm hopefully no one figures out who i am :scared:

but im 21, (1986) and ive struggled my way into university mainly due to the fact i enjoy having fun over studying which is quite sad. I am currently facing a dilemma I was originally in a biology program however upon receiving low marks and not meeting probation contracts I have been withdrawn. I was adviced to take night school at my university and improve my gpa via. night school and reapply. The biology department informed me that I would have a difficult time reapplying back into biology, however I proceeded to do just that as a well as apply for another program of study this one however is a B.A.Sc in occupational and health safety.

I dont know if I would be accepted back into my biology program, and the only hopes i have rest on maintaining the B+ i currently have in statistics and praying to God that the prof would write a letter of recommendation stating she feels I can handle the course.

Its a lot of ifs ands and maybes, although I still have the desire to attend medical school. I have 190 hours of volunteer hours at a hospital in toronto and it grows weekly by 5 hours. A friend told me to apply for paramedicine at UTSC, but I would need to achieve a gpa of 2.00+ to even consider applying, its important to note I have a 1.60 gpa as well as I would be taking 4 courses during the May - August period, 4 liberals , 1 of which is a higher level liberal. Since either way I intend on obtaining a degree and I would require liberals.

I would appreciate it if someone would offer some advice or help or just words of wisdom since I really dont know who to turn to for help. :oops:

Members don't see this ad.

hey,

What year are you in? have you already completed most of your credits b/c that prob makes a difference. If you are just a freshman, you can probably show upward trend or something like that...

umm hopefully no one figures out who i am :scared:

but im 21, (1986) and ive struggled my way into university mainly due to the fact i enjoy having fun over studying which is quite sad. I am currently facing a dilemma I was originally in a biology program however upon receiving low marks and not meeting probation contracts I have been withdrawn. I was adviced to take night school at my university and improve my gpa via. night school and reapply. The biology department informed me that I would have a difficult time reapplying back into biology, however I proceeded to do just that as a well as apply for another program of study this one however is a B.A.Sc in occupational and health safety.

I dont know if I would be accepted back into my biology program, and the only hopes i have rest on maintaining the B+ i currently have in statistics and praying to God that the prof would write a letter of recommendation stating she feels I can handle the course.

Its a lot of ifs ands and maybes, although I still have the desire to attend medical school. I have 190 hours of volunteer hours at a hospital in toronto and it grows weekly by 5 hours. A friend told me to apply for paramedicine at UTSC, but I would need to achieve a gpa of 2.00+ to even consider applying, its important to note I have a 1.60 gpa as well as I would be taking 4 courses during the May - August period, 4 liberals , 1 of which is a higher level liberal. Since either way I intend on obtaining a degree and I would require liberals.

I would appreciate it if someone would offer some advice or help or just words of wisdom since I really dont know who to turn to for help. :oops:

Depends on what classes you failed. If it's only one or two science classes, then you can still raise that GPA to an appropriate level. Calculate the GPA of the science classes you have yet to take and then re-calculate a potential GPA with the rest of science classes you have yet to take. If the GPA is below 3.2/3.1 then you will probably have a tough time getting in, even with all the research and volunteer work. To be competitive on an average application for an average medical school I would say you would need at least a 3.4/5. Good luck.

PS just noticed that you might be Canadian, if so I'm not sure how it is up there, but I've heard that it is extremely competitive...

Members don't see this ad :)
If you retake the science classes, finish your degree, take postbac science classes and get an A in everything you have a slight chance.

This is of course assuming the rest of your resume outside of academics is stellar.

im 21... :( god im old

but I have only completed my first year successfully I have 2 credits from 2nd year ... I have alot to do still its just that I need to get back into my program, or transfer into a different program

but I have only completed my first year successfully I have 2 credits from 2nd year ... I have alot to do still its just that I need to get back into my program, or transfer into a different program

You're missing the basic point, which credits? Makes a huge difference.

hey there,
what can i say?!!! we all are/were young, and make mistakes. so do not feel too bad.

maybe you can start by taking simple biology classes in a community college. make sure you know what brought you down, as to avoid making similar mistakes with new classes. get a health related job. maybe in the medical office, or as an assistant to a phlebotomist (don't know how viable this option is). then reapply to college. hopefully you'll be tougher then. REPEAT ALL THE PRE-MED PREREQS!!!

all i know is that you have to slow down a little, analyze your problems, then continue on going forward. good luck:luck::luck::luck:

it seems to me you'll be ok, because at least you are aware that you have a problem/made mistakes. that's a first big step forward :D

k i have my first year courses

1st semester
bio: b
chem : c-
math: b
physics: d

2nd semester
bio 2: c
chem2: d
math2: d

2nd year
microbio: c-
stats: i write my exam next wed but so far i have a b+

i havent done anything to improve my past marks though, cuz i need to make sure im back in my biology program.... i got all those D's and C's cuz id go to the pub and drink instead of going home or studying... im really good at math... i got a 90 in math in high school it was one of the factors that got me into university

You're not old, so definitely don't think on things like you're on some kind of time limit. There are people on here almost old enough to be my parents that are just getting started. Just take things one at a time. You shouldn't really be considering, much less worrying about med school right now. You need to focus on getting back into your program, and kicking tail on the science classes once in them. You enjoy partying or whatever, that's fine, but if you're going to really go for the med school thing you need to get your priorities straight and see what things you can put aside. If you can do well in your science classes from here on out, do well on the mcat, and have good ec's you should still have a descent shot at a school somewhere down the line. Good luck to you.

Stop saying you're old. I know a guy in his forties who works a real 20 hour a week job AND takes the classes needed for medical school. You are not old by any measure of the word.

If I were you, I'd ask myself what I would do if I couldn't be a doctor. You're in the very start of the whole deal and I'd say you're chances are slim to none, medical school wise. So, if you couldn't get into medical school, would you still major in biology? Really, ask yourself that. If your single goal and reason for going to college is medical school, then you really need to rethink the whole scha-bang.

k i have my first year courses

1st semester
bio: b
chem : c-
math: b

2nd semester
bio 2: c
chem2: d
math2: d

2nd year
microbio: c-
stats: i write my exam next wed but so far i have a b+

i havent done anything to improve my past marks though, cuz i need to make sure im back in my biology program.... i got all those D's and C's cuz id go to the pub and drink instead of going home or studying... im really good at math... i got a 90 in math in high school it was one of the factors that got me into university

I calculated your science gpa real quick: 1.666 (rounding the C- to a C)
Even if you get all A's from here on out, in organic chemistry and biochemistry, you can't make the GPA cut-off for most medical schools.

Stop saying you're old. I know a guy in his forties who works a real 20 hour a week job AND takes the classes needed for medical school. You are not old by any measure of the word.

If I were you, I'd ask myself what I would do if I couldn't be a doctor. You're in the very start of the whole deal and I'd say you're chances are slim to none, medical school wise. So, if you couldn't get into medical school, would you still major in biology? Really, ask yourself that. If your single goal and reason for going to college is medical school, then you really need to rethink the whole scha-bang.

i disagree. as long as she/he is not a hard core criminal on death row, I wouldn't use a "slim to none chances" phrase. she/he is only 21 y/o at the beginning of their life. a turnaround is possible...if enough effort is made.

I calculated your science gpa real quick: 1.666 (rounding the C- to a C)
Even if you get all A's from here on out, in organic chemistry and biochemistry, you can't make the GPA cut-off for most medical schools.

unless she starts college anew, and repeats all the courses making 3.5 and above. :confused::confused::confused:

Members don't see this ad :)
assuming you are not a troll...

Your desire to go to medical school MUST be stronger then your desire to go to the pub its as simple as that.

It sounds as though you haven't tired in college.

Your current grades will NEVER make you to be competitive for an US allo or osteo school. I would suggest either taking the courses again and actually try this time which means no drinking on weeknights. You need a B average to be taken seriously when you apply much less do well on the mcat. Sorry the 90 in math in high school doesn't cut it neither does the 3252 hours of volunteer work.

Take a good long look at medicine and figure out why to appeals to you and then ask yourself if it appeals strongly enough to do what i just said.

Start looking for a new career.

Work habits don't just form overnight. Most people who swing back from a bad first year shape up pretty quick, whereas you're still doing poorly. The average person who gets accepted to med school has a 3.7-3.8. You could make straight A's from here on out and not have that.. and that's ASSUMING you got straight A's, which is extremely unlikely because even people who are always trying don't get that, let alone people with bad work habits who are failing.

Sorry if it's harsh, but at least I'm honest rather than making you spend extra years of your life chasing a pipedream that you can't achieve.

unless she starts college anew, and repeats all the courses making 3.5 and above. :confused::confused::confused:

Last time I checked, you couldn't do this. I don't know what country you go to school in, Lisichka, but that won't happen in America (I know little to nothing about canada, except that they have a super hard time getting into american med schools without stellar stats.) There is no "clean slate". Even those who actually do poorly for a great, undeniable reason (family sickness) have tough times overcoming poor grades from 5 or more years previously.

And you know what? I'm sorry, thats how it should be. We all know the endgame. Find a new career choice. Even if you retook all the classes, it won't eliminate the old grades. They are averaged with the new.

So you're Canadian?

Get your act together, get back into a program of study, and work hard. You can still apply to Western and Queen's on your best two years if you do well on the MCAT.

Start looking for a new career.

Work habits don't just form overnight. Most people who swing back from a bad first year shape up pretty quick, whereas you're still doing poorly. The average person who gets accepted to med school has a 3.7-3.8. You could make straight A's from here on out and not have that.. and that's ASSUMING you got straight A's, which is extremely unlikely because even people who are always trying don't get that, let alone people with bad work habits who are failing.

Sorry if it's harsh, but at least I'm honest rather than making you spend extra years of your life chasing a pipedream that you can't achieve.

i just don't get it. this person came to pre-allo forum, because she wants to become a doctor and needs advise. why do people keep on telling her to go into a different profession if she thinks she wants to become a doctor? yes she messed up? but i do not know any medical school that explicitly says that people who made mistakes need not apply? i just don't get the harness:confused::confused::confused:

i just don't get it. this person came to pre-allo forum, because she wants to become a doctor and needs advise. why do people keep on telling her to go into a different profession if she thinks she wants to become a doctor? yes she messed up? but i do not know any medical school that explicitly says that people who made mistakes need not apply? i just don't get the harness:confused::confused::confused:

You don't understand, the computer will cut off the application before it even gets into a real person's hands.

Last time I checked, you couldn't do this. I don't know what country you go to school in, Lisichka, but that won't happen in America (I know little to nothing about canada, except that they have a super hard time getting into american med schools without stellar stats.) There is no "clean slate". Even those who actually do poorly for a great, undeniable reason (family sickness) have tough times overcoming poor grades from 5 or more years previously.

And you know what? I'm sorry, thats how it should be. We all know the endgame. Find a new career choice. Even if you retook all the classes, it won't eliminate the old grades. They are averaged with the new.

i am as american as you are, but unlike you, i think people should be given second chances unless they are criminals.

You don't understand, the computer will cut off the application before it even gets into a real person's hands.

even if she starts college anew? and will make all As?

i thought once you take a class over it replaces the lower mark... i had no idea that it just overshadows it and you take the avg of the 2... i hear what your saying though bout poor work ethics and etc those are key factors in which would replay over and over again theres ways to change though ....

but if i switch my program the credits i have now wont transfer over only the liberals which im taking in the summer would... hence i would start a new.... my only problem is , even though med schools look at gpa and mcat , etc.... the degree would say "occupational heath and safety" would that do damage to me....

also if i manage to get back into my program and i improve on my 1st year marks through summer school in like 3rd year while managing to get B's throughout wouldnt that at least offer me a shot at applying to med school via US or Carribbean (st james or st george)

what else could i do aside from improving my marks...to help myself get into med school

i disagree. as long as she/he is not a hard core criminal on death row, I wouldn't use a "slim to none chances" phrase. she/he is only 21 y/o at the beginning of their life. a turnaround is possible...if enough effort is made.

Yup, 100% correct from a 35 YO guy. The man just has a lot of hard work going forward if this is what he desires.
:D

OP, all I can really say after seeing how seriously you are taking the situation is this:

you haven't screwed up your life. You have just learned things about yourself that may push you down a different path or motivate you even more to continue down your present one.

good luck to you :)

FRIEDRICH NIETZSCHE:
Hope is the worst of evils, for it prolongs the torments of man.

Sorry. I think this thread does an injustice to the people like Visdiasas(sorry for the spelling.) who made poor grades for a good reason. I feel bad for people who got d's because their mom died or they almost died of a kidney infection or a sibling was shot to death. Not because they went to the pub too much.

They are called weed out classes. Think about it.

Oh, and I don't know anything about canadian medical schools. I'm going to say outright you have no shot at a US medical school. If some of these peoples think you do, I would like to see a statistic saying so. If you're thinking about US schools you can never drop any of your classes. They all count forever, no matter your degree or major. Sorry.

i thought once you take a class over it replaces the lower mark... i had no idea that it just overshadows it and you take the avg of the 2... i hear what your saying though bout poor work ethics and etc those are key factors in which would replay over and over again theres ways to change though ....

but if i switch my program the credits i have now wont transfer over only the liberals which im taking in the summer would... hence i would start a new.... my only problem is , even though med schools look at gpa and mcat , etc.... the degree would say "occupational heath and safety" would that do damage to me....

also if i manage to get back into my program and i improve on my 1st year marks through summer school in like 3rd year while managing to get B's throughout wouldnt that at least offer me a shot at applying to med school via US or Carribbean (st james or st george)

what else could i do aside from improving my marks...to help myself get into med school

i wouldn't worry about anything else right now. your work ethic and making grades is what matters now.

even if she starts college anew? and will make all As?

You can't start college "anew". Maybe grade forgiveness for a few grades here and there. I don't know how it works up in Canada though. Just the way it works down here in Florida.

thnks for the advice.... this is pretty much what i got from it

90% said to change careers and do something else

10% said to reform and theres still hope assuming i manage to work at it

- either way I need to get into a program cause of right now I am not in one at my school... so if i get into biology, I would have to re evaluate my grades and figure a way of somehow a massing a 3.5gpa ... at my school its not out of 4 btw.. its 4.33 i dunno if that makes any difference

or if i get into occupational health and safety just hit the ground running with my back against the wind and aim high and get a 3.5 + gpa...

i appreciate everyones input btw... id keep everyone posted :)

Just keep on taking classes and get As in all of them until you have a 3.6+. It may take a few years( could someone calculate how many credits of A's he would need to have[I'm too lazy]), but if you are really dedicated, then its worth the sacrifice.

Stats and computer cutoffs and all that crap aside... what matters is how much you want it. If you want it bad enough, you'll find a way. With much respect to SDN, don't ever let ANYONE tell you what you can and cannot do.

But be prepared to work your butt off and know that it will be a long road.

Best of luck to you, whatever you decide.

Ok, listen up, here are your options as I see them
1. Apply DO, retake all class you got below a C+ in, and get B+s or better. (DO will just replace your grades, unlike MD schools)
2. Go Carribean and work your a## off to own step one and place into a U.S. residency.
3. Spend a billion years in undergrad to get that BCMP up high enough to apply to a U.S. MD school
4. Quit

None of these options are by any means easy and you will have to work twice as hard, BUT if you want it go for it. However, be realistic if you really go back to school and try your best and still do not succeed, consider that your intelligence may not be focused in the academia.

Don't give up, work harder than ever before, and at least consider other options.

Ok, listen up, here are your options as I see them
1. Apply DO, retake all class you got below a C+ in, and get B+s or better. (DO will just replace your grades, unlike MD schools)
2. Go Carribean and work your a## off to own step one and place into a U.S. residency.
3. Spend a billion years in undergrad to get that BCMP up high enough to apply to a U.S. MD school
4. Quit

None of these options are by any means easy and you will have to work twice as hard, BUT if you want it go for it. However, be realistic if you really go back to school and try your best and still do not succeed, consider that your intelligence may not be focused in the academia.

Don't give up, work harder than ever before, and at least consider other options.

You forgot the tiny detail that he's Canadian, and hence its much harder to get into an American MD or DO school. Caribbean I don't know, but it's not looking good. Also keep in mind that getting all A+'s up in Canada translates into a 4.3. And there is a conversion factor American schools use to downscale the GPA.

Correct me of I'm wrong. But if he gets straight A's for the next 10 yrs, he'll land a 3.7.

whats DO and BCMP....

im not afraid of the hard work hence i know its gonna take alot of effort and time to do this but i have the drive in me.... and to the person who said no respect to SDN bout the ppl sayin i cant do this.... its okay i hold no ill will to anyone... but thanks for lookin out

if i get into the occupational health and safety program B.AS.c i would end up starting as a 1st year and id have nothing except for the liberal classes i am taking in the summer

if i get back into my biology program, than i would have to redo some classes along with getting B's which would be stressful but not impossible

.... aside from volunteering and working on getting my gpa up to par with those who apply for medical school what else should i do

Unfortunately, Canadians have it much harder, I pulled this from another thread:

Hello everyone. I am a Canadian student in my final year of undergraduate studies. I applied to 5 ontario medical schools and just received my final rejection letter (I did not get a single interview).
Here are some of my stats:
GPA: 3.8
Science GPA: 3.9
MCAT
VR 10
PS10
BS 14
WS P

I have many awards (honours lists, scholarships,etc) volunteered in a research lab, rehab centre, tutoring, hosptial (not clinical experience).

After receiving all my letters I have started to doubt my chances of getting accepted. I am considering applying to the US but would need to take an orgo course over the summer to meet the requirements. Do I have a good chance of getting accepted to any top schools??

DO = doctor of osteopathy. It´s a medical degree with it´s roots in chiropractic medicine rather than Greek tradition. In the US they have the same rights to practice as MDs, and can apply for all the same residencies. They will replace your grades, rather than average the old grades with the new like MD schools. Since you´ve only screwed up one year, that means a maximum of one year retaking classes to get your GPA up and get into an DO school. MD will take... longer.

BCPM = Biology, Chemistry, Physics, and Math. Take your average in all the courses that falls into one of those four categories to get your BCPM GPA. Important because schools will reject you for a low BCPM GPA, even if your overall GPA is high.

As many people have mentioned, average these days is a 3.7 and a 31 on the MCAT. I´m not sure what you need to do to turn things around, but you need to do something.

Good luck.

Edit: Oh crud your Canadian. That makes this even harder. Same plan to get in still applies, though.

in canada is fairly different. go to www.premed101.com/forums for more info on canadian schools. Basically you need a very good gpa for most canadian schools. I'ld say, looking at your gpa, your only chances are basically queens, western and dalhousie, which can look at your last/best 2 years which will HAVE to be 3.7+. you'll also have to do very well (or atleast balanced) on the MCAT. I'ld say, figure out what you're doing wrong and fix it so you can start doing well in uni. If its they way you study or lack or studying, or how you organize you schedule. you're a fair bit away from applying, so right now, just concentrate on salvaging your gpa. I'ld also suggest finding a TA or tutor to help you understand what you're doing wrong. Canada is fairly competitive, especially in terms of gpa, so you'll need to fix this somehow. 3.5 is not even a consideration btw, you NEED 3.7+ from now on.

I dont think you would have a chance with your undergraduate GPA. But with some Post Bacc you might have a chance if you ace everything.

By the way relax, you haven't screwed up your life, I know some doctors who say they've screwed up their life by choosing medicine. You just screwed up your chances of medical school. There are hundreds of other good careers.

FRIEDRICH NIETZSCHE:
Hope is the worst of evils, for it prolongs the torments of man.

Sorry. I think this thread does an injustice to the people like Visdiasas(sorry for the spelling.) who made poor grades for a good reason. I feel bad for people who got d's because their mom died or they almost died of a kidney infection or a sibling was shot to death. Not because they went to the pub too much.

They are called weed out classes. Think about it.

Oh, and I don't know anything about canadian medical schools. I'm going to say outright you have no shot at a US medical school. If some of these peoples think you do, I would like to see a statistic saying so. If you're thinking about US schools you can never drop any of your classes. They all count forever, no matter your degree or major. Sorry.

Alright, I think the part in bold is pretty telling. Basically what you´re saying here is that, because someone had a bad year without a "good reason", frack them and frack their dreams, forever. It almost as though you´re angry at the idea he might figure out a way to get in, if he gets his act together an does better from now on.

Here is SDN´s guide and encouragement thread for low GPAs, BTW. Not a ´statistic´, but it will give you (and the OP) an idea of what can be done with a bad situation.

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=125347

Alright, I think the part in bold is pretty telling. Basically what you´re saying here is that, because someone had a bad year without a "good reason", frack them and frack their dreams. It almost as though you´re angry at the idea he might figure out a way to get in, if he gets his act together an does better from now on.

Here is SDN´s guide and encouragement thread for low GPAs, BTW. Not a ´statistic´, but it will give you (and the OP) an idea of what can be done with a bad situation.

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=125347

:thumbup: this is exactly what i thought while reading that post.

if you really want it...go for it. a lot is stacked up against you, but I traveled a very similar route and I'm now in the interview process of a postbacc program at JABSOM here in Hawai'i. my grades weren't stellar...neither were my mcat scores...and I did worse than fail a couple of classes in college. It took a lot of soul-searching and self pep talks, but I'm a step closer into becoming a medical student!

Never lose faith...as cliche as it may sound..if there's a will...you will find a way!

Good Luck and Godspeed with everything!

Alright, last one. You're aren't getting into any american school. Good luck on the canadian stuff. Peace.

don't listen to this guy. not everyone goes into college with medical school on their mind gunning for a 4.0. a lot of people go into college (myself included) not thinking about the future and just trying to have a good time. unfortunately, you messed up your gpa more than most. if you really want to go to medical school (and you better really really want it) you've gotta find some way to get seriously motivated and nearly ace every class from here on out, and rock the MCAT.

i haven't crunched any numbers, but the canadian option where they look at the last 2 years sounds great, as does grade forgiveness for U.S. DO schools. also you could check out some international med schools. if you can get your gpa past a 3.0 and rock the mcat i think you'd have a shot at a U.S. MD (didn't crunch any numbers, so i don't have any clue how long this would take). for this to happen, you'd have to get past the GPA cutoff, then get them to notice a trend of nearly straight A's for years, couple with a very high MCAT.

but first, before going through all of this trouble, you've gotta decide whether or not you can really handle getting these grades, a high MCAT, and medical school once you get there. if you apply yourself can you make A's? can you do this for years? i would take a tough semester of science courses, study to the best of my abilities, and then gauge whether or not i could handle it at the end of the semester. i would also gauge my performance against other pre-meds with 3.8's. if you can hang and make the grades (or nearly straight A's), and see yourself doing this for years, then go for it. If you can't, you may want to consider something else.

good luck!

Well, he could just retake every class and apply to osteopathic schools

OR

4.000 the rest of your college years and get a 45 on the MCAT

Well, he could just retake every class and apply to osteopathic schools

OR

4.000 the rest of your college years and get a 45 on the MCAT

Seconded. MD schools are out of the question but I think you have a shot at DO schools if you really go for it. You can still be a doctor and that is what matters.

DO does grade replacement. If you retake your bad marks from your first semester, you may end up with a pretty good GPA.

I forgot how harsh and condescending premeds can be. They make it sound like if you don't have a 3.6 and are a straight shooter from the beginning, its not possible to attend medical school. That is patently false.

You have a couple things going for you:
(1) You've only amassed 1 year's worth of credits. You still have a significant amount of credits to show an upward trend.
(2) You seem to be taking this seriously. Good, cause you're going to need that focus for the next 4 years.
(3) You have the oppportunity to apply to a different program.

Go with the Occupational program. If you can amass a degree as summa cum laude, that will be a good mark in your favor. Medical schools will ask to see your entire transcript, and you will have to retake the prerequisite courses, but if you kill your new degree even with grade averages on your first year prereqs you'll be sitting well enough.

A couple things I don't understand... (1) why are you taking bio, chem, physics, and math all your first semester of college? Physics can generally be reserved for the later years, and it seems to me you bit off a bit more than you can chew (2) Why two math classes? Most allo schools only require one semester's worth of credit (3) What were the chem classes? Intro? Organic? Inorganic? It actually means a lot towards your eventual med school application.

People make it out around here that unless you follow the well tread path you're screwed. I may be biased because I go to a school with a heavy dose of non-traditionals, but with enough perseverance and hard work you can get to where you need to be. One of my smartest colleagues in med school almost failed out of college his first year from partying to hard. He got his s#&t together, got his numbers up, and got in. And honestly, he's one of the smartest, best classmates I know.

And yes, don't rule out DO schools. You're never going to be a stellar applicant with those marks, and theres a little more leniency along the way for the DO programs, especially if you find yourself getting B+s instead of As.

What is the deal with Canadians applying to DO schools? I´m pretty sure that they don´t have the right to practice in Canada. Do Canadian DOs have any problems getting licensed in the US? Do US DO schools seriously consider Canadians?