I think my TS was calculated wrong (i know its not an avg.)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

IdahoDoc

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well i think my TS was calculated wrong and I am not sure what to do. My scores were

Bio: 22
GChem: 19
OChem: 18

I looked on both the kaplan book and the ada's version on the grading break down and they said that in order to get these scores i would have had to gotten...

Bio: 37
Gchem: 24-25
Ochem: 21-22

at the very lowest that puts my total science at a 82 and a 84 at the highest which corresponds to a TS of 20. on my test it says i got a TS of 19. So what should i do. I hear the ada people can be kinda mean. anyone know of someone nice to talk to about this?? thanks guys.

Members don't see this ad.

Well i think my TS was calculated wrong and I am not sure what to do. My scores were

I looked on both the kaplan book and the ada's version on the grading break down and they said that in order to get these scores i would have had to gotten...

at the very lowest that puts my total science at a 82 and a 84 at the highest which corresponds to a TS of 20. on my test it says i got a TS of 19. So what should i do. I hear the ada people can be kinda mean. anyone know of someone nice to talk to about this?? thanks guys.

I wouldnt trust Kaplan for anything other than to make a mistake, but TS is usually weighed most heavily from Bio. It could be that there is a mistake, but in all likelyhood you are just at the top of the 19's.and were mssing like 1 point for a TS of 20.

That conversion table is for the sample test. I got 20, 23, 27 on the first test and still ended up with 22. They calculate scores with computers. I doubt that computers will make such a mistake.

I wouldnt trust Kaplan for anything other than to make a mistake, but TS is usually weighed most heavily from Bio. It could be that there is a mistake, but in all likelyhood you are just at the top of the 19's.and were mssing like 1 point for a TS of 20.

I think Bio appears to be weighted most heavily not just because it has 10 more questions that O-chem and gen chem, but because people do worst on it usually. The OP got very few questions wrong on the Bio, but he missed many times more questions on the Gen chem and O-chem. A 22 is like 3-4 questions wrong maybe. And then an 18 is maybe double that.

Also, you might have been on the low side for each range.
Like klutz said, you can't trust Kaplan's scoring.

Members don't see this ad :)
consider this situation too.
TS=19.496 =====> TS= 19 !
TS= 19.502 =========> TS=20 !
you see what i mean? :cool:

consider this situation too.
TS=19.496 =====> TS= 19 !
TS= 19.502 =========> TS=20 !
you see what i mean? :cool:

how would you not get whole numbers it is assigned by the number you get right for all the sciences not an average.

Wait a 37/40 gets you a 22 in Bio? How do those crazy people get over 25's then?

it's different with each test version,

I received 20,23,20 but my TS was 20 not 21.

I guess it depends on the version of test you get.

Wait a 37/40 gets you a 22 in Bio? How do those crazy people get over 25's then?

because it jumps. if you get a 38/40 it is a 24 or 25 i think. so there is no way to get a 23

Bio is definetely weighed more! But if it was me I would give them a call who cares if they are mean?? Its your acceptance on the line!

maybe for that particular test, bio was extremely hard and weighed less than others. or you were just on the lower end of 18 and 19. anything is possible.

maybe you had a couple of experimental bio questions that they put out but don't grade? (i'm not sure if they do this with the sciences but i heard they do it w/ others sections to see if new questions are valid/understood by test takers)
so many it didn't count as much into the TS as other versions...
no one's part of ada or anything on the forum so i guess your best bet would be to call ada..
gl

it's different with each test version,

I received 20,23,20 but my TS was 20 not 21.

I guess it depends on the version of test you get.

This is crazy, that doesnt seem possible/Ill bet you were pretty angry huh, I mean that looks like it should be higher than a 20

This is crazy, that doesnt seem possible/Ill bet you were pretty angry huh, I mean that looks like it should be higher than a 20

yea I thought it was quite strange, but then again, I highly doubt the computer made a mistake. I just gotta go with this score.

Unless.... I retake.. kk:eek:

I think what's frustrating is that you can't verify the TS like you can the AA. I agree with others that I'm sure the computer did not make a mistake but I just wish I could verify my score.