I thought it would never happen.....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Triangulation

1K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
....I'm finally figuring out third party payment plans. It's definitely been the most challenging aspect of retail, but it's finally starting to gel.

For all you soon-to-be pharm techs or interns, use those third party inquiry options like they're going out of style, they tell you a ton.

Oh yeah and it's also the most thankless aspect of retail. Low-income patients get mad at you when their medi-cal isn't working and rich patients get pissy when they think their co-pay is off by two cents.

Members don't see this ad.

congrats Triangulation, did you just get your scores back from the Board of Pharmacy? I am a NJ student going into my rotations in 2 weeks. How difficult is the CA board exam? Are there any compounding questions? Thanks

Rut:
Sorry man! Tri's gonna start at USC in the fall...he'll soon be one of us! I posted this url on another thread, but it's the CA BOP exam application and has a breakdown on p.6, it's a pdf file http://www.pharmacy.ca.gov/pdfs2/rph_app_pkt2.pdf Haven't looked at it to see whether or not compounding questions are in there. Tell me what you find!

Tri:
I still have a hard time with third party...ties me up countless times when entering new scripts...that and drive-thru's are what suck the most about retail practice...I'm also convinced that there are too many customers who have no concept of what a co-pay is and how their insurance works...

But you know what, Tri? I just keep on telling myself that I'm not gonna do retail for a living, and that I'm just there to learn...putting the drug order away and getting more familiar with trade/generics, dosages, dosage forms, manufacturers, etc is the highlight of my day (I'm already studying my Top 200 drugs for next year!)

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks LV, what year are you in?

I'm a few weeks from finishing year 1 of 3...I'll be heading back to California to do a six week rotation at Target....then get back to Vegas during my "summer break" to get in some hours at a hospital here. What's a vacation? ;) At times like this I start to think accelerated PharmD programs suck!