I thought recommendation letters are supposed to be written??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nanali

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Sorry for asking a stupid question, but I always thought when schools are referring to recommendation letters, they are talking about handwritten or typed by the Pharmacist or teacher. The reason why i asked b/c I was looking at the UH in Texas website and saw that you can download the forms and all they have to do is fill it out. Anyway, is it the same for all Phamacy school? Sorry again. :oops:

Members don't see this ad.

nanali said:
Sorry for asking a stupid question, but I always thought when schools are referring to recommendation letters, they are talking about handwritten or typed by the Pharmacist or teacher. The reason why i asked b/c I was looking at the UH in Texas website and saw that you can download the forms and all they have to do is fill it out. Anyway, is it the same for all Phamacy school? Sorry again. :oops:

Your recommender is supposed to fill out the basics on the main form, but it is ideal to add a fully typed letter that goes into depth about you, etc. The space schools provide on the form is usually not sufficient and some schools even make note that the recommender may continue writing the letter on a separate sheet of paper. At least that's how everyone I know does it for pharm schools! To be 100% sure ask the school if it is ok for the recommender to attach the typed letter to the downloaded/printed form or if they really want to keep the papers/writing to a minimum.

BTW - no question is a stupid question! thats what this forum is for!

When I applied to Midwestern (2 years ago), they only required form letters. So that's all I sent in. I'm sure it's better to have a "real" and thought out recommendation attached to the form, but it's not necessary.