I thougt Holloween was over. Yet another AMCAS Nightmare.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Olsen

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I decided to check my "verified" AMCAS app. just to see which schools I hadn't heard from. I noticed that my graduate GPA was off by over .16! It went from a 3.6 to a 3.44!!!! Can you believe that? The problem is I think they already sent the verified app out. I hope they have a method of dealing with this. I don't look forward to calling every school and saying "AMCAS screwed up....please make my Grad. GPA a 3.6" After I got verified I thought my AMCAS nightmare was over.....guess again.

Members don't see this ad.

Sorry to hear about that, Olsen. I've heard similar horror stories like this too. You should call your schools and let them know.

I was just wondering, how do you check your verified amcas? Do you just go to "Print App"? Is that the version that's sent out?

it wasn't just that AMCAS may calculate your GPA differently than your school??

Members don't see this ad :)
No. The difference isn't in the calculation (they would be have be using some type of communist math to do that). One of my courses has everything next to it.....grade etc...except the OT hours were left out. A big, big problem. Now I have to spend the next 3 hours doing more of what should be done by AMCAS. Oh Joy!

Olsen- just wanted to make sure that you read the post- EVERYONE MUST READ THIS, especially rejected...it sounds like a similar situation to yours.