I too know know what it feels like to love EVERYBODY!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EW1779

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well, I did not think it was possible but i got my first acceptance today!! I interviewed at Stony Brook Tuesday and was accepted today!!! What a weight off my shoulders! I love everybody! Drinks on me!!

:D :D :D :D

Members don't see this ad.

That's awesome!! I just had my interview today. Congrats!

how did you like it??? who did you have for your interviewer? how did it go?

Members don't see this ad :)
Are most acceptances that fast? wow...

Congratulations! That's awesome! Time to celebrate!!

beerchug.gif

they OVERNIGHTED my letter of accpetance to me. i am not sure why, but i am not complaining.

Congrats, man...you must be feeling pretty good about now :D

Congratz!! I would REALLY love to join you at SUNY-SB... Are they really nice over there? What is your stat like?

:)

EW1799 SB is an awesome place! Top quality school and great facilities. My interviewer was a researcher in the Anatomical Sciences Dept. He came to get me - had on jeans, sneakers and an earing - he was pretty young. He was extremely pleasant and cool. Then the interview started. Man I got asked every single question that they put in premed interview prep books! Health care insurance and what I thought were viable solutions to the current crisis; he wanted to know how can SB increase the amount of URM applicants to their school (I'm Black); should the government play a role in health insurance; why are certain groups of people medically underserved and what are possible solutions. He also grilled me on my research - my first clinical research experience was sparse and I had left before the results were known so he had asked me to hypothesize as to what the results would be and why. He went on to asking about the basic research that I am doing now (this is my first time doing it) and wanted to know conceptually and technically what I was doing in the lab. Thankfully all the above questions were really more conversational than me being grilled although I felt like I was being tested a little at first. I think it went well, except for the two comments he made to me. #1: He asked me where I was applying (I just said 20 East coast schools..he then proceeded to list all the top tier ones and waited for me to say yes that I had applied to them) and then implied that I probably would not end up choosing SB then b/c of my stats (which are not the worlds greatest!) #2 He asked me what I wanted to be "when I grew up" and so then I talked about surgery. Apparently he had always wanted to be a surgeon - I'm not sure why he never went to med school though. So I thought okay we have a little something in common. BUT at the very end of the interveiw when he told me what the admissions process would entail at that point, he stated that SB is a school that focuses on Primary Care (I had asked a question about SB's academic focus) and so he said that that focus is made very clear and is carried out through the admissions process. He repeated that about 2 more times basically saying, I thought, if you want to be a surgeon, then SB is not for you. Anyway, I'm tired of over-analyzing everyone. Overall it was a positive experience and the school is great. Once again, CONGRATS!!

hey, how'd you give your smiley faces beers?

Isn't that the coolest?

Congrats! I spent a summer at Stony Brook and it's awesome!