I took my 2nd DAT today. Not too happy! 07/19!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mustt Mustt

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok guys. I was crazy so I decided to take DAT again after the following score I got the first time becasue I had 15 in PAT.

1st DAT AA 21 TS 22 PAT 15 OC 25 GC 23 BIO 19 RC 17 QR 22
2nd DAT AA 21 TS 21 PAT 19 OC 21 GC 23 BIO 19 RC 19 QR 27

I didn't expect my OC score to go down but it went down 4pts and its a huge loss. Any chances I had for UOP are gone. I am little upset but i think I have done my best. I didn't to anything differently for OC and I thought I missed may be one but I missed lot more than that. It was very basic and easiest.

GC: I didn't study for it much but took practice tests. Top Score and Kaplan only. I am just good at GC for some reason. It was really easy and mostly kaplan BB stuff.

BIO: This section pissed me off. Last time i took it was easy but I wasn't prepared. This time I had about 13 questions on Plants. I had friggin hard time with that and I took plant biology a year ago. Most of those weren't even close to any of the practice tests I took. I guessed on about 5 of them. Just crazy section. I studied all the lower animal phyla from the Schaums but there were like two of them and basic Cnidarians and Chordates.

PAT: Finally the section I took DAT again for. I improved from 15 to 19. good jump for me. I think DAt achiever helped me a lot. I ran out of time on paper folding on last 7 questions and I put all D's so I got a decent score based on that. It is just hard. Do as much practice as you can if this is your weak area.

QR: Didn't study at all but I am really good at it. Nothing to be proud of. Real easy math stuff. I had like 15 mins left. I thought I got em all but I didn;t get 30 so apparently I didn't.

RC: My another weakness. But I improved on it. I didn't do anything differently tha nlast time. I guess my skill on English language has gotten better. Asteroids, Stocks and enzyme passages.

All in all I have mixed feelings about this test but I am happy that I improved on pat and I don't ahve any score lower than 19 which is good. If I don't get in this year I am probably going to go and do masters in BME. We will see how it pans out.

Members don't see this ad.

Mustt Mustt said:
Ok guys. I was crazy so I decided to take DAT again after the following score I got the first time becasue I had 15 in PAT.

I didn't expect my OC score to go down but it went down 4pts and its a huge loss. Any chances I had for UOP are gone. I am little upset but i think I have done my best. I didn't to anything differently for OC and I thought I missed may be one but I missed lot more than that. It was very basic and easiest.

GC: I didn't study for it much but took practice tests. Top Score and Kaplan only. I am just good at GC for some reason. It was really easy and mostly kaplan BB stuff.

BIO: This section pissed me off. Last time i took it was easy but I wasn't prepared. This time I had about 13 questions on Plants. I had friggin hard time with that and I took plant biology a year ago. Most of those weren't even close to any of the practice tests I took. I guessed on about 5 of them. Just crazy section. I studied all the lower animal phyla from the Schaums but there were like two of them and basic Cnidarians and Chordates.

PAT: Finally the section I took DAT again for. I improved from 15 to 19. good jump for me. I think DAt achiever helped me a lot. I ran out of time on paper folding on last 7 questions and I put all D's so I got a decent score based on that. It is just hard. Do as much practice as you can if this is your weak area.

QR: Didn't study at all but I am really good at it. Nothing to be proud of. Real easy math stuff. I had like 15 mins left. I thought I got em all but I didn;t get 30 so apparently I didn't.

RC: My another weakness. But I improved on it. I didn't do anything differently tha nlast time. I guess my skill on English language has gotten better. Asteroids, Stocks and enzyme passages.

All in all I have mixed feelings about this test but I am happy that I improved on pat and I don't ahve any score lower than 19 which is good. If I don't get in this year I am probably going to go and do masters in BME. We will see how it pans out.

congrats. good job. your scores look very good...

Awesome job pulling the PAT up...I think that will help you out more than the OC dropping would ever hurt you. 21's still an excellent score and they will still know you're capable of a 25.

If you think you've done your best then you can finally sit back and relax. Go take a day off.

Members don't see this ad :)
dude, relax and pop open a bottle of champagne... you're done. the improvement on the PAT is big, there are no chinks in your armor anymore, and 21 on OC still dominates a lot of people who get in.

a below average PAT can be a big red flag for some schools, and you've got that in the bag now.

Another thing... if you don't get in I guarantee you it had nothing to do with your DAT scores... they're above solid.

congrats man---those are some solid scores...bringing up that pat 4 pts is huge
arent you glad its over???
mannn 27 on math i dont know how i messed up so badly oh well hopefully my 16 in qr doesnt kill me.....you owned math
congrats again

Mustt Mustt said:

Congratulations on the awesome scores Mustt Mustt!!

if you dont mind me asking.. how was DAT Achiever able to help you improve on your PAT score? 4 points, thats a big improvement by the way!! How is DAT Achiever different from the other prep material? thanks in advance

Bonkers29 said:
Congratulations on the awesome scores Mustt Mustt!!

if you dont mind me asking.. how was DAT Achiever able to help you improve on your PAT score? 4 points, thats a big improvement by the way!! How is DAT Achiever different from the other prep material? thanks in advance

It has great explanations which will change the way you look at the object. You can rotate, animate and lots of cool stuff in there. I would certainly get it. I only used it for like 6 days and it helped me a lot. istudieed for total of 18 days for this test.

Thank you all for replying. I know my GPA is low becasue of those stupid engineering classes. Otherwise my GPA is ok. Anyway, I am already prepared to do Masters in Biomedical Sciences if I don;t get in this year and then reapply and hopefully will get accepted.

SunnyD0119 said:
congrats man---those are some solid scores...bringing up that pat 4 pts is huge
arent you glad its over???
mannn 27 on math i dont know how i messed up so badly oh well hopefully my 16 in qr doesnt kill me.....you owned math
congrats again

Sometimes people are just good at somethings and they tend to do well. I am good at math but I scuk at RC(i did fine on DAT). It is very hard to be good at everything. You are fine and you will get in no problem.

Dude those are some solid scores. You will definitely get interviews and acceptances this time around.