Kane

The hard way is the right way
10+ Year Member
May 26, 2006
158
0
NYC
Status
Pre-Medical
First, I think the search feature on this site is a little weak. Is it just me?

Here's my question:

On the AADSAS application, how is graduate-level coursework calculated into one's overall GPA & one's science GPA?

Is graduate-work given the same attention? Less?

Feel free to PM me about this if you're not in the mood to post in this thread.
 
OP
Kane

Kane

The hard way is the right way
10+ Year Member
May 26, 2006
158
0
NYC
Status
Pre-Medical
bump.

a little help, anyone?

Kane said:
First, I think the search feature on this site is a little weak. Is it just me?

Here's my question:

On the AADSAS application, how is graduate-level coursework calculated into one's overall GPA & one's science GPA?

Is graduate-work given the same attention? Less?

Feel free to PM me about this if you're not in the mood to post in this thread.
 

sgdorfl90

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
May 12, 2005
281
0
Status
Kane said:
bump.

a little help, anyone?
Graduate GPA i believe is counted on a similar scale as the undergrad GPA and they are both averaged together for the overall GPA. If you kicked arse in graduate studies, you are in good hands. PM Howui3, he is really helpful on this forum, and I believe he was in the same boat as you. GL.
 
About the Ads
OP
Kane

Kane

The hard way is the right way
10+ Year Member
May 26, 2006
158
0
NYC
Status
Pre-Medical
thanks. i'm not liking what my old grad GPA is going to do to me, though. i'll contact Howui3, thanks.

sgdorfl90 said:
Graduate GPA i believe is counted on a similar scale as the undergrad GPA and they are both averaged together for the overall GPA. If you kicked arse in graduate studies, you are in good hands. PM Howui3, he is really helpful on this forum, and I believe he was in the same boat as you. GL.
 

pre-dentalguy

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 7, 2006
532
2
GA
Status
Pre-Dental
Kane said:
First, I think the search feature on this site is a little weak. Is it just me?

Here's my question:

On the AADSAS application, how is graduate-level coursework calculated into one's overall GPA & one's science GPA?

Is graduate-work given the same attention? Less?

Feel free to PM me about this if you're not in the mood to post in this thread.

Kane, did you find out if graduate gpa's help out in the ADCOMS package?
/
 
OP
Kane

Kane

The hard way is the right way
10+ Year Member
May 26, 2006
158
0
NYC
Status
Pre-Medical
PDG,

Graduate GPA is statistic they look at. But I think the Overall Undergrad GPA and the Science GPA have more weight. Maybe because grad programs can vary in the way grades are assessed? This is why I think they've started putting more weight on the DAT. It's an equalizer.

And your DAT scores are solid. Some people on this site would re-take them in a heartbeat. But there are some stat-obsessive people here. Which one has to understand. But it always helps to remember that, what, 60% (?) of the people who apply to dental school never visit this site. More?

Kane
 

pre-dentalguy

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 7, 2006
532
2
GA
Status
Pre-Dental
Kane said:
PDG,

Graduate GPA is statistic they look at. But I think the Overall Undergrad GPA and the Science GPA have more weight. Maybe because grad programs can vary in the way grades are assessed? This is why I think they've started putting more weight on the DAT. It's an equalizer.

And your DAT scores are solid. Some people on this site would re-take them in a heartbeat. But there are some stat-obsessive people here. Which one has to understand. But it always helps to remember that, what, 60% (?) of the people who apply to dental school never visit this site. More?

Kane
Thanks man!!
 
About the Ads