I tried to search this GPA calcuation question:

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kane

The hard way is the right way
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
First, I think the search feature on this site is a little weak. Is it just me?

Here's my question:

On the AADSAS application, how is graduate-level coursework calculated into one's overall GPA & one's science GPA?

Is graduate-work given the same attention? Less?

Feel free to PM me about this if you're not in the mood to post in this thread.

Members don't see this ad.

bump.

a little help, anyone?

Kane said:

Here's my question:

On the AADSAS application, how is graduate-level coursework calculated into one's overall GPA & one's science GPA?

Kane said:
bump.

a little help, anyone?

Graduate GPA i believe is counted on a similar scale as the undergrad GPA and they are both averaged together for the overall GPA. If you kicked arse in graduate studies, you are in good hands. PM Howui3, he is really helpful on this forum, and I believe he was in the same boat as you. GL.

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks. i'm not liking what my old grad GPA is going to do to me, though. i'll contact Howui3, thanks.

sgdorfl90 said:
Graduate GPA i believe is counted on a similar scale as the undergrad GPA and they are both averaged together for the overall GPA. If you kicked arse in graduate studies, you are in good hands. PM Howui3, he is really helpful on this forum, and I believe he was in the same boat as you. GL.

Kane said:

Here's my question:

Kane, did you find out if graduate gpa's help out in the ADCOMS package?
/

PDG,

Graduate GPA is statistic they look at. But I think the Overall Undergrad GPA and the Science GPA have more weight. Maybe because grad programs can vary in the way grades are assessed? This is why I think they've started putting more weight on the DAT. It's an equalizer.

And your DAT scores are solid. Some people on this site would re-take them in a heartbeat. But there are some stat-obsessive people here. Which one has to understand. But it always helps to remember that, what, 60% (?) of the people who apply to dental school never visit this site. More?

Kane

Kane said:
PDG,

Graduate GPA is statistic they look at. But I think the Overall Undergrad GPA and the Science GPA have more weight. Maybe because grad programs can vary in the way grades are assessed? This is why I think they've started putting more weight on the DAT. It's an equalizer.

And your DAT scores are solid. Some people on this site would re-take them in a heartbeat. But there are some stat-obsessive people here. Which one has to understand. But it always helps to remember that, what, 60% (?) of the people who apply to dental school never visit this site. More?

Kane

Thanks man!!