I used to model for a clothing company. Should I include this on AMCAS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Neglektor

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I don't want adcoms to think it is a filler activity I am simply putting down. It was fun while it lasted and taught me some things. Or should I just leave this out?

Members don't see this ad.

It probably won't come across as filler if you don't try to make it sound like some huge thing. Hobbies are acceptable if they add some uniqueness, as far as I (just graduated college, take it with a grain of salt) understand it. I listed unique hobbies of mine and they came up in a few interviews

If you did it for any significant amount of time I would include it. It's something that could really help you stand out.
If it was only a couple print ads or runway shows I'd leave it off.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I don't want adcoms to think it is a filler activity I am simply putting down. It was fun while it lasted and taught me some things. Or should I just leave this out?

Depends on the clothing company. Anything vinyl-heavy I would leave off. Otherwise it's a potentially interesting point of conversation for interviews.

Reactions: 2 users
It worked for Elle Woods.

Reactions: 2 users
Definitely include it. You worked--something a lot of premeds don't do.

I vote yes. This one of those activities that probably <1% of applicants have, and would definitely be a memorable and worthwhile addition to your app, but be sure to consider how important the experience was in the context of what you want to do long-term.

Then again, Harvard Law has a 15% acceptance rate, so how much does that really tell us?
You know you're pre med when 15% seems high.

Reactions: 4 users