I wanna do rad onc bad

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MDTDO

Rock it to Russia
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

I am going to be entering med school in 2006 (class of 2010), and I have become interested in radiation oncology.

If I wanted to start now or soon preparing for trying to get a residency spot, what should I do? Other than my Bachelor's, I don't have much right now, but I do have lots of time. Obviously I have to score well and I have no doubt in my mind that I will but there's so much more to do, I need to know where I start.

And yes, in a nutshell I truly love the field. I have taken (easy undergrad) classes on it and I am very interested.

Members don't see this ad.

MDTDO said:
Hello all,

I am going to be entering med school in 2006 (class of 2010), and I have become interested in radiation oncology.

If I wanted to start now or soon preparing for trying to get a residency spot, what should I do? Other than my Bachelor's, I don't have much right now, but I do have lots of time. Obviously I have to score well and I have no doubt in my mind that I will but there's so much more to do, I need to know where I start.

And yes, in a nutshell I truly love the field. I have taken (easy undergrad) classes on it and I am very interested.
what in the world sort of courses are there in undergrad on radonc?
Anyway see faq for the "to dos".

My school had radiobiology in undergrad.

stephew said:

Members don't see this ad :)
stephew said:

Yeah it was called radiation medicine in biology or something like that. It was really cool, but quite surfacy and easy

stephew said:

Ahh.. thanks; now a more specific question: What kind of research has anyone done. I have no research experience and I don't know where to even get started.

Thanks
mt

people have done all sorts of research. Essentially the first big question you ask yourslef is "basic or clinical". And then go from there.