1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

I want a huge increase in 17 days.

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by Blondnuttyboy, May 3, 2007.

1. Blondnuttyboy

7+ Year Member

Hey all,

Tell me if you think this is feasible or if you've ever done something like this. I'm shooting around the 29-31 range and I want to turn that into 32-35 range from May 13-May 29. I take it on May 31st...I'm honestly going to try for 8-10hrs/day.

My focus will be to drill my weak points and practice, practice, practice. Consistently writing down what I'm missing/making mistakes on.

Has anyone ever gone crazy for two weeks or heard of someone doing this and seen huge results?

Its makes us feel better to know its been done or is possible.

thanks

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. sehnsucht

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    focus on your test strategies and practice different passages for speed and accuracy.

4. finality333

finality333 fĭ-zĭsh'ən
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    It is possible with practice.

5. Swiperfox

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    My diagnostic score was ~27, after 4 weeks of studying 6-8 hours a day I retested at 38. All in all I'd say it is very possible to hit mid 30s in a short time frame, especially if your weakness is in BS while PS and VR are strong.

6. Vanguard23

5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Depends. I know some websites that you can order pills that will give you a huge increase in about a month.

7. apricotattack

10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Of course it's possible. Just hit the weak spots and very often tested stuff hard, review your equations, read the Wall Street Journal in your free time (like you'll have any), etc. You're golden.

8. Blondnuttyboy

7+ Year Member

I'm just frustrated b/c I have material DOWN in BS and cant seem to break 11-12 b/c of random careless errors. And in vr, humanities passages always keep me down at around 10. in physics, i'm a very consistent 10.

ideally - i want to be at a 12,10-11, 13...i'll do anything! I'm doing ek 101 bio - see if that helps at all.

any reccomendations for ps? i'm also doing 1001 vr passages in ek..

9. Tensyle

Tensyle 3 more months
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    For Verbal Reasoning, I try to take an article from New Yorker or something, and completely dissect it as much as possible, then I try writing MCAT-style questions for it, and trying to come up with answer-choices that could possibly trip me. It helps in keeping arguments straight. ANyone else tried this before? :)

10. .surgical.

.surgical. Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    You and everyone else!

I've given the same advice a million times because I believe to be true. The best way to get score improvements is through practice exams, off of e-mcat.com, and spending long hours pouring over your mistakes and all the material.

Current events, meh, might help your verbal skill if you started reading religiuosly 2 years ago. Seventeen days isn't gonna boost your ability to read, sorry, but you better spend your time learning the ins and outs of MCAT VR instead of trying to be a better reader.

Look around at some of the other "HELP I NEED TO BOOST SCORE FAST" or "HELP I GOT A 25 ONE MONTH OUT" threads around here for good advice on how to spend the last month of MCAT prep.

11. phEight

phEight fate, not a pH of 8
    7+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    You know something that can help reading a bit quicker is this program called EYEQ. Look it up online, it works wonders. Actually one second I'll look it up... it's kind of useless to be talking like this on a forum, but anyhow here's the link... http://www.infmind.com/ try the demo, see if it can perhaps help you out a bit. Good luck! :thumbup:

12. jochi1543

jochi1543 President, Gunner Central
    2+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Pre-Medical
    I hope this forum is 18+.

13. anumama

10+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    hahaha the thread title is so dirty. i just had to click!