I want to be a doctor.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
B

BeatrixKiddo

You know, I was really not joking when I made my kid in candy store thread. But after thinking about it for a few days, I think I cleared my mind a little:

dentist.jpg
I was watching Reba today and herdaughter wanted to be a dentist on the show and I was like EW what the hell, this is not a joke! And then I was like, dentists are just not as cool as doctors. They simply aren't (no offense). Studying the freaking mouth?! And then it's also 4 years, so what the heck right.

nurse.jpg
And then I was also breifly considering Nursing. It's easy, it's short, the guys love it 'cause it doesn't hurt their manhood and whatnot. Then I was like this is stupid, I'm not going to choose a career because my husband might have small balls! And plus, I was talking to this nursing student right, and she was telling me about a lady who had high blood pressure and she told her "oh you need to be checked out" (she was SO proud of herself for making this recom). I mean, I don't want to tell people "Oh, go see someone" Is that the extent of my education? Being able to tell when something is wrong? How useless! I want to be able to KNOW what's wrong AND how to fix it. I think I'm smart enough to go a step furthur.

But then I was like, maybe medicine is too hard and I want to spend time with my kids when I have some.. but then I thought, if i have some halfassed job like Babysitting, I'll make $20 a day, while spending my whole day there, probably 5 days a week!. Why not just work 2 days a week and make more money! I hate working for minimum wage anyway, it's frustrating, the mindless labor, the small paychecks.. (I mean I had a temp position for all of 2 weeks and I was pulling out my hair).

cartoon_doctor_001.gif

Anyway, I think this will be a fun challenging ride. Oh wait, I didn't really think a lot about Pharm. Hm... don't really know much about it. I guess it's not as exciting to work at Kmart, but I guess I can work at a fancier place like Costco. Hm.. yeah, I do like the laid back atmosphere. Well crap I guess i'll have to think about this some more.brb

5.jpg

Members don't see this ad.

you're forgetting physician assistant, optometry, podiatry, and chiropractic medicine. you can't be set on your desire to be a doc until you go through those allied health professions as well.

Members don't see this ad :)
you're forgetting physician assistant, optometry, podiatry, and chiropractic medicine. you can't be set on your desire to be a doc until you go through those allied health professions as well.

PA's are boring, been there done that (I've worked as one, they don't know anything). Optometry doesn't even require medicine, feet stink, and I don't want to touch people unless they've been santizied.