Quantcast

I want to know about your duty stations.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ikingmy

Reaction score
Little about me I'm a D2 and life is looking greener and greener everyday I move from the dreaded D1 year. What i'm interested in is traveling moving abroad living life and getting paid to do it. I would love to get stationed in Germany for as long as possible. Do you guys/gals know if something like being fully proficient in that language would help get me a permanent duty station?

CougarDental

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm fluent in Italian and I asked a Colonel in the Dental Corp if that would come into play at all in getting assigned to Vicenza and he told me that it didn't matter. That said, I met several people who were able to go to Germany straight out of school because they listed it as a preferred location and it worked out.

krmower

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Language ability has no bearing on where you are stationed since you are not going into a career field where language is a requirement i.e. military intelligence, foreign affairs officer, etc... It comes down to supply and demand. Number of people who want to go to a particular location divided by how many slots are available that year from people leaving.