I want to work for the army, navy, or marines. How does it work?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SN1

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am sorry but I am completely new about this topic. I am currently a student at a university and will be applying for dental schools next year. I would really like to work as an army, marine, or navy dentist but I don't know what I need to do. Do I need to apply when I apply for dental schools? Also, once I apply am I guaranteed to get into the program? I would like to do this because I have always wanted to be a dentist but I don't have the money to pay for school. Will my tuition be covered 100% ? After graduating dental school I will have to serve 4 years correct?

thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I am sorry but I am completely new about this topic. I am currently a student at a university and will be applying for dental schools next year. I would really like to work as an army, marine, or navy dentist but I don't know what I need to do. Do I need to apply when I apply for dental schools? Also, once I apply am I guaranteed to get into the program? I would like to do this because I have always wanted to be a dentist but I don't have the money to pay for school. Will my tuition be covered 100% ? After graduating dental school I will have to serve 4 years correct?

thanks.
Start here http://www.goarmy.com/amedd/dentist.html
and read this board thoroughly. Happy reading!