ocean11

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 23, 2002
Visit site
Status
o.k just got my August MCAT scores...

MCAT: 7,10,10,Q ($hitty verbal I know..)

GPA: 3.50

I applied a week ago... all private schools... since I'm Canadian...

so there you have it... will my verbal f&uck me over?!?!?

About the Ads

ocean11

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 23, 2002
Visit site
Status
You can't practice medicine in canada with a DO degree.. so thats out of the question... I don't think my application is bad... it's just that verbal thats killing me... I didn't apply to any public or state schools... only private schools which admit Canadian students with average stats.... Finch for example...

Thewonderer

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 20, 2001
Visit site
Status
Do you HAVE to practice in Canada in the future? I believe there is a canadian on this board attending DO school right now.

JPD

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 21, 2002
Visit site
Status
I'm in a similar boat, being Canadian and writing the Aug MCAT.
My scores were 10,9,10,N. The N has kept me out of some local schools. I've already applied through AMCAS. What does anyone think of my chances? My GPA is 3.70.

SMW

Grand Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 12, 2001
anchorage, ak
Visit site
Status
ocean11, I have to admit I don't know how your being Canadian affects your application, but a 27 is considered a competitive score (albeit about the lowest score that is considered really competitive). I would advise applying to lots of lower tier schools (20+ maybe even 25+) because that low verbal is going to hurt you. But if the rest of your application is really strong, especially your essays, then I think you have a chance.

JPD, your stats are fine. I got a 30M last year with only a 3.5 GPA and got 5 acceptances and lots of waitlists. If you're applying to lots of well-chosen schools, you should be fine (again, I don't know how being Canadian impacts things).

Both of you, remember, stats are not everything. The rest of your application counts just as much if not more. Good luck!! :)

JPD

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 21, 2002
Visit site
Status
Thanks alot SMW
I hope you're correct. Ottawa and McMaster are good schools,
however there's tons of applicants for a few spots, same for Queens, Western and UofT.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads