Medical I was arrested and given deferred sentencing 11 years ago, I got into medical school and then residency and i then got my license to practice as a dr

Status
Not open for further replies.

tantacles

Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was arrested and given deferred sentencing 11 years ago, I got into medical school with a background check and then residency with another background check and another background check to work at the VA and i then got my license to practice as a dr and offered a job with another background check and I don't know what to do, I haven't been in any trouble for 11 years.
What's the question? If the background check doesn't work out, you won't have a job, but if you don't apply to the job, you won't have a job.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm no lawyer, but a deferred sentence usually means a form of probation with stipulations. Judging by you stating you've not been in any trouble, and you were able to become a physician and practice a bit, I'm very positive that anything that was stipulated would have been met, and whatever it was would be thrown out.

Do you have a point of contact or lawyer from the case who you can ask about it?

So for VETPro, as long as the conviction was in the past and you disclosed it during your questionnaire without the investigations staff finding out about it from the record check, it is unlikely to be a major problem unless drug related or violence related. If drug related, you will get an opportunity to explain and it is unlikely to be a problem. For violence, you will get an opportunity to explain, but this is situational. You should not worry about the VA if your sentence is done.

Status
Not open for further replies.