I was featured on "To Catch a Predator" - what are my chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DocBR

MS-3
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
No - this did not happen, but how funny would that be? :laugh:

Members don't see this ad.

Not very funny at all, those are some of the sickest people on this earth. Not funny at all.

:laugh::laugh: WOOOO! That was close. For a minute there, I thought you were serious.

I was like "OOOOhh SNAAAAAAPPP!?!?!?!?!":scared::scared::scared::scared:

:laugh::laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
Not very funny at all, those are some of the sickest people on this earth. Not funny at all.

Wow. I'm not saying trying to have sex with children is funny. I am saying it would be funny to see someone try and apply with that on their record.

Shesh.

Edit: Trying to have sex with children is very, very not funny.

Your chances of getting into a peds residency would pretty much be nil... =)

They actually did catch a doctor on there once.

Even though I find the crime disgusting, I suppose that it would be just like every other offense if convicted. The background check would keep you out.

Depends on your MCAT and GPA also your undergrad

Ah.....it didn't take very long at all for someone to express moral indignation and demonstrate the inability to detect sarcasm.....God bless SDN. :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
OMG.... DKM... hES BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG.... DKM... hES BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
*takes a bow* Yup.....although I won't be around much over the next few days though because of the articles I am working on getting finished.

*takes a bow* Yup.....although I won't be around much over the next few days though because of the articles I am working on getting finished.

i think you should make a decision tree for this topic.

Seconded.:thumbup: A decision tree for this topic- Now that's what I call entertainment.:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
OK, OK, give me some time....I'm in the middle of a lit review.....I'll try to get it done and posted before I go to bed tonight.

No - this did not happen, but how funny would that be? :laugh:

I clicked on "new threads" and saw this... is it bad that my first reaction was "only on SDN..."

I clicked on "new threads" and saw this... is it bad that my first reaction was "only on SDN..."
No, because I have that reaction to most of the threads in Pre-Allo and many in Pre-Osteo.

Just explain it in your personal statement and you'll be fine.

DKMChart3.jpg

lmao, some these responses are funny. I really like the chart DKM.

On a side note, one of the guys on that show was a military recruiter at my high school.

lmao, some these responses are funny. I really like the chart DKM.

On a side note, one of the guys on that show was a military recruiter at my high school.
That doesn't surprise me....the largest group of corrupt people I ever had the displeasure of dealing with were in the Air Force......recruiters are a special kind of scumbag.......

Was it the one who had just gotten married like a month prior?

Can you imagine explaining that your new wife? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Was it the one who had just gotten married like a month prior?

Can you imagine explaining that your new wife? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I don't remember if he had just gotten married. It was after I graduated. When I saw it was like holy ****! I called one of my friends thinking I was mistaken, but nope. I can't say it really surprised me that much though, he always was an ass.

:laugh: no I can't imagine telling your new spouse... probably not as hard for the guy who showed up with some cool whip after saying he wanted to do some freaky **** with the cat, and then came in the room butt naked.. now THAT would be hard to explain :laugh:

edit - no i don't think that what these people actually did is funny.

:laugh: no I can't imagine telling your new spouse... probably not as hard for the guy who showed up with some cool whip after saying he wanted to do some freaky **** with the cat, and then came in the room butt naked.. now THAT would be hard to explain :laugh:

HAHA.

There was a guy who sent a picture of a fake penis, and then showed up with the fake penis in his pants, which was removed by officers on camera.

The dude was so embarassed by his (assumably) small stuff, that he had to fake it, and then gets exposed on TV!

It is bad enough to be seen as a pervert on national TV, but to be seen as an inadequate pervert (in his own eyes)... now that is just poetic.

I believe it actually goes something like this:

Homeless junkie in the ED planning to score narcotics but not pay his bill > RT > Everyone else > Medic > Doctor

You are giving me too much credit (the Meharry sucks (I don't know enough, RT > everyone, medic > DO, EMT > DO) or not crediting the right person (Genetics/his many other personalities, and everyone in the EM forum for the "Things I've Learned from My Patients" thread).....if you tried this for anyone else, they might feel insulted and report you. ;) Lucky that I'm not like that. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.