I was selling drugs, got shot, survived and now I'm applying to medical school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
If the OP was smart and not being stupid by wasting all of our time with a fake scenario...

he only stated "maybe I made it up" after he was advised that his mention of this could prevent licensure. We don't necessarily call that fake, we might call that trying to backpedal and obscure the truth (once he realized the truth could hurt his career). :idea:

Members don't see this ad.

#1 concern: Will you be denied financial aid due to a crime question?

Otherwise, I think you'll be fine if you address it properly if and when it comes up. If you sell your story and a movie is made about you, even a better bet you'll get in.

Last I checked, getting shot is not a crime.

OP, leave out the drugs/illegal activity part: problem solved.

Love how many people were trolled by this. :smuggrin:

Really, people, you bought the drug dealer story? Classic SDN.

You're right, college students NEVER deal drugs.....

Last edited:
Last I checked, getting shot is not a crime.

OP, leave out the drugs/illegal activity part: problem solved.

Again, it's not an issue of "leaving it out". For licensing, etc, he may be asked specifically about involvement with drugs. So he will be put in the position of having to lie. Lying on an application itself becomes a problem that can destroy his career.

Members don't see this ad :)
Again, it's not an issue of "leaving it out". For licensing, etc, he may be asked specifically about involvement with drugs. So he will be put in the position of having to lie. Lying on an application itself becomes a problem that can destroy his career.

Well, yes lying might end up ruining his career....but that he used to deal drugs may also destroy his career/life, so he might have to lie about it. Then we have a "what's worse, the dealing or the lie" argument.

Cover-ups rarely work. This kind of thinking quickly devolves into an Aaron Hernndez type situation (allegedly killing someone to not get told on for killing someone else). There are a lot of loose ends here (many people out there to whom the OP preumbly has dealt drugs, we don't know what the police report dealing with his shooting states (just that he wasn't charged) and so on). Plus we know from this thread the dude is blabbing about it to anyone who will listen.

Speaking of Aaron Hernandez..... ;)

XV6pAlb.jpg

Ahahaha!!! Video for reference:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dd7FixvoKBw[/youtube]

I disagree about leaving out the drug dealing part. Medical schools are looking for diverse applicants from all backgrounds. It shows initiative. Holding down TWO jobs during school--you're clearly efficient and able to balance a busy schedule.

It also shows networking skills, a great deal of communication skills.