"I will be attending _________ and turning down my acceptance(s) to _________" covid edition (2020-2021)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

artist2022

DDS 🦷🎓✔
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Today was a big day! If you were accepted to even just one school, congrats! You're going to be a dentist! If you haven't heard back or were waitlisted, don't worry! Acceptances will be coming through for a while, and as people decline their seats, more offers will go out :) There's always a chance and there's still a lot of time left in this cycle.

If you have already made your mind up about where you're headed, post below!

* pls don't be mean to those that have multiple acceptances, and to those still waiting, don't feel bad - people can only attend 1 school at the end of all of this, so use this thread to give yourself hope *

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 5 users
I will be attending Texas A&M, and turning down my acceptance at Houston. Hope this opens up a spot for someone out there reading this!

Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I will be attending University of Maryland, and turning down my acceptance at VCU and Touro. I hope these offers can go to someone well-deserved!

Reactions: 1 users
Accepted to Creighton and waitlisted at UNMC.. ND resident and I’m really hoping to hear something from University of Minnesota.. as of now probably Creighton unless I hear from MN. Tuition is less than UNMC

I will be attending University of Louisville and turning down my acceptances to ASDOH, MOSDOH, University of Kentucky, and Midwestern-AZ (and being taken off the alternate list at the University of Tennessee).

Reactions: 3 users
I will be attending the University of Louisville, turning acceptances down at Howard, Indiana, ASDOH, and a waitlist at Utah.

Reactions: 2 users
I will be attending UPenn and turning down my acceptance at OSU and waitlist at Buffalo and UConn.

• Dislike
I will be attending HSDM. I am turning down an interview at Columbia and BU and acceptances at UPenn, UConn, and Case Western.

Last edited:
  • Dislike
Attending OHSU, releasing acceptances from Colorado and VCU. Best of luck.

Turning down acceptances at Buffalo, NYU, UNE, ASDOH, and UDM!

Last edited:
Attending UPenn. Turned down acceptances from Touro, Temple, Rutgers and an interview at Harvard. Did not accept waitlist at NYU.

• Dislike
Members don't see this ad :)
Tough decision, but attending NYU if everything goes as planned! Turning down UDM, Rutgers, Touro acceptances and Buffalo waitlist.

• Dislike
Attending: Rutgers

Turned down acceptances: Pitt, Columbia, Touro, Creighton

Declined Recent Interview Invites: Case Western, LECOM

Reactions: 4 users
Hello All - I hope this isn't in the wrong forum, if it is, my apologies. To whom at a school I was waitlisted at, would I send a letter of intent? Would it be to the person I interviewed with or somewhere else in the school? T I A.

Haha if you read the forum and look at other posts, I think you’d realize this isn’t the right thread. This question has been asked a number of times. If you have been waitlisted and it’s your top choice, then yes send a letter.
Thank you.. the question was who do you send it to? I'll search other threads. Thanks again

Thank you.. the question was who do you send it to? I'll search other threads. Thanks again
Oh sorry! I’d just send it to the admissions email or if possibly your interviewer.. or maybe CC the interviewer

Reactions: 1 user
Accepted Loma Linda. Turned down Western U, USC, MWU-AZ, and Tufts.

Attending Penn Dental, turned down Touro & Temple as well as wait lists at Buffalo & Pitt

• Wow
I have decided to attend University of Maryland. Just notified UMich that I will be dropping my seat. Good luck to whoever is still waiting

I have decided to attend University of Maryland. Just notified UMich that I will be dropping my seat. Good luck to whoever is still waiting
Hey can i ask why u chose UMSOD over umich?

Hey can i ask why u chose UMSOD over umich?
Better clinical opportunities, I think I will fit in with the class better at Maryland, and I can attend Maryland without taking any classes. In state at Maryland is easy enough to get and in the end Maryland is cheaper for me

Better clinical opportunities, I think I will fit in with the class better at Maryland, and I can attend Maryland without taking any classes. In state at Maryland is easy enough to get and in the end Maryland is cheaper for me
Thanx!

So excited!!
I will be attending: Buffalo
I turned down my offer to: Western U
I turned down interviews to. Indiana and Arizona
Good luck everyone!!

Reactions: 9 users
I’ll (most likely) be attending UPenn and turning down my offers to Lecom and Nova.

Just in case anyone finds themselves in a similar situation ---

Attending Rutgers. Turned down acceptances at Columbia, Touro, and Temple.

I was very much seduced by the nice new building and specialization rates and P/F grading of Columbia, but all being said and done, I don't want to be 200k more in the hole. That's like, a Ferrari or something?

Tough decision, but attending NYU if everything goes as planned! Turning down UDM, Rutgers, Touro acceptances and Buffalo waitlist.

Plans have changed! Attending buffalo turned down acceptances at UDM, Rutgers, Touro, Tufts and will turn down nyu soon, if the new plan goes through.

Plans have changed! Attending buffalo turned down acceptances at UDM, Rutgers, Touro, Tufts and will turn down nyu soon, if the new plan goes through.
wow, that's a change, what made you decide?
cheaper?

you made the right choice. NYU debt seems like a nightmare tbh

You Sir/Ma'am, just saved your future self about a half million dollars. Congratulations! Get through the next 4 years and you have a bright future.

Last edited:
Just in case anyone finds themselves in a similar situation ---

Attending Rutgers. Turned down acceptances at Columbia, Touro, and Temple.

I was very much seduced by the nice new building and specialization rates and P/F grading of Columbia, but all being said and done, I don't want to be 200k more in the hole. That's like, a Ferrari or something?

Congrats! You'll thank yourself for the rest of your life.

Saving 200k (not even including interest) will pay multiples down the road.

wow, that's a change, what made you decide?
cheaper?
of course cost, thats the reality of it. and value of the education for what we will pay. they have great communication at the school and their class sizes are great. research opportunities are good there too if you're into that. no schools handling of covid has been perfect, but buffalo has been doing their best from what i hear from current students too

of course cost, thats the reality of it. and value of the education for what we will pay. they have great communication at the school and their class sizes are great. research opportunities are good there too if you're into that. no schools handling of covid has been perfect, but buffalo has been doing their best from what i hear from current students too
great choice...

Will be attending Upenn, declined Rutgers and UDM

• Dislike
I will be attending LECOM and turning down Creighton, UMKC, Utah, Colorado, and Midwestern-Az.

I will be attending Ohio State University and turning down Case Western Reserve University and University of Michigan