I will pay $100 to anyone willing to write my essays for the DUKE Secondary

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

longhorn

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just kidding, well unless I get some offers.

How are you all tackling the second essay question. I take it we are not supposed to talk about personal experiences in that question...or are we? I am going to try to read up on one or two major topics of my choice (Preferably not ones listed in the prompt) and expound on them. Any help from past applicants is appreciated.
DISCLAIMER: For all you anal pre-meds I am not trying to get ideas for the essay, just trying to find out how others are dealing with the question.

later

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by longhorn
Just kidding, well unless I get some offers.

How are you all tackling the second essay question. I take it we are not supposed to talk about personal experiences in that question...or are we? I am going to try to read up on one or two major topics of my choice (Preferably not ones listed in the prompt) and expound on them. Any help from past applicants is appreciated.
DISCLAIMER: For all you anal pre-meds I am not trying to get ideas for the essay, just trying to find out how others are dealing with the question.

later
$250 and you can have my Duke, Cornell and Pritzker essays. PM me for more info! ;)

Damn I am applying to all three as well. I think $250 is a little steep though. Its not like I could use em anyway. I say $10 bucks for all three...

Members don't see this ad :)
Damn I am applying to all three as well. I think $250 is a little steep though. Its not like I could use em anyway. I say $10 bucks for all three...
Ah, sure why the hell not. $10 is better than nothing.

Originally posted by Papa Smurf

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dude, where's the SDN police when u need them? Seems like Papi has been propositioned this evening will be accepting the offer. :wow:

Originally posted by Yogi Bear

Dude, where's the SDN police when u need them? Seems like Papi has been propositioned this evening will be accepting the offer. :wow:
Yogi, I refer you to my my favorite thread: What surprises you about SDN

Sounds like a deal. Only problem is I need it in two weeks(well like 12 days). If you were nice you would gimmie the duke via e mail and I can send you a check for the rest. Either that or I will be your SDN bit*h for a whole month. Your choice

Longhorn,
I didn't use any personal information in that essay. When I first thought about it, I thought, how can I fit all of that information into only 1500 characters? (or however many it is). But I just pretty much answered the question directly from the prompts given. For each one (there were four) I discussed the pros and cons of each in terms of ethics and economics...for example, genetic intervention, helps families with potential for critically ill children, but only those that can afford it (unless will be covered by insurance); ethically, some people see it as playing God and we shouldn't mess with nature...I don't remember exactly what I said, it just sort of flowed out at the time, but hopefully this gives you an idea. I certainly didn't have any ingenious points, just general information that made sense to me at the time. Let me know if you need any other help!
Dana
P.S. I am getting a kick out of everyone stressing over these essays! That's part of the reason why Duke does that...to weed out those who aren't really interested in the first place.

I remember working on those essays. They were so challenging I ended up turning in my secondary late. I wonder if that is why I am now waitlisted.

**** mail me any secondary, I will do each of them for a mere $60. Yup, thats right. You won't get into med school, but you won;t have to worry about doing the secondary, i will take care of it.

I set a personal land speed record for secondaries when I did the Duke secondary. I had decided not to apply, then at the last minute changed my mind. I wrote all the essays and turned in the secondary in less than 24 hours.

I'll accept $125 for the essays, since they were good enough to get me in. :) (just kidding, of course).

Hey dlc, I guess you guys are starting tomorrow! Good luck, and say hello to everyone for me (Original, TommyGunn, RicaMd2Be, bebe2, etc).