I Wish I Had More Time

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GiantPanda1

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I feel like med school is only difficult due to the sheer amount of information expected for us to memorize. I always feel as if I never have enough time to learn the material as well as I want to. It's learn and forget and repeat. I feel stressed for exams but I feel like there's nothing wrong with my studying techniques. What should I do?

Members don't see this ad.

I feel like med school is only difficult due to the sheer amount of information expected for us to memorize. I always feel as if I never have enough time to learn the material as well as I want to. It's learn and forget and repeat. I feel stressed for exams but I feel like there's nothing wrong with my studying techniques. What should I do?
If you're M1, then this is most likely the problem. That's because much of M1 is mainly about learning how best to study in med school. It's not the same as studying in undergrad.

But regardless of whether you're M1 or not, there are a lot of different techniques and strategies for how best to study (e.g., spaced repetition, active learning, various time management skills). If you Google a phrase like "how best to study in med school," you should find a lot of resources. Good luck!

Edit: I just posted this in another thread that might be helpful to you.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Do the best you can. The quantity of info and lack of time are the challenge. It's much more difficult to run a mile in 6 minutes versus 15 minutes. If you're not getting the results you want you will either have to modify your expectations or change the way you study and/or how much you study. Also get used to the feeling of not having enough time as this will likely be a reoccurring theme in residency and after training (just read a Medscape article/survey regarding how many physicians regularly fall behind on their appointment schedule)

Reactions: 1 users