I wish I was a modertator - another nonproductive thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

whoaaitzkyle

go bears!
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well, I figured since everyone has been starting useless threads and it's not getting shut down I guess it's okay. Here's my rant. I feel the few moderators I have encountered in my experience at SDN act like police officers in a sense. Have you ever seen a police officer turn his lights on when he didn't want to wait for a red light then turn them off? Or how about have you ever heard of people getting tickets for really lame reasons? Power trips.

As we get later in the application process more people are actually studying and discovering the DAT Destroyer. It's been receiving a LOT of undeserved criticism. I suggested the thread be shut down because not only is it not productive to pre-dents but it was repetitive and irritating. The moderator responded by saying they can voice their opinions so here's my voice (and yes, just like the other thread...it's not related or productive to pre-dents). Hopefully it will get equal treatment. I bump into threads all the time where these trolls violate the TOS and never get banned. I see threads that shouldn't even be on these forums because it doesn't deliver any helpful or constructive information to applicants. I wonder if there's an application process to be a mod....I'd sure show some interest. :mad:

Members don't see this ad.

Jonathanaf for moderator 2008 woooooooooooooo

Man don't sweat it. There are going to be people like this all over the place. I'm sure the mods do what they can.

I'd re-evaluate that. Oh wait, you can' because they shut them down and you can't find it. I'm only irritated because it's up to their discretion when the OP's answer has been fulfilled. So you have an OP that doesn't like destroyer and will simply look over it and say it doesn't violate the TOS so bash on. I mean, they shut down obvious threads like that one ass that said racist comments and was cursing every other word. Does that take much skill to do? I know a moderator that shut down a similar thread that was similar to the destroyer threads and now they are giving bs excuses why it should stay up. I came to the SDN forums because I wanted to get help and help others that were in the same boat as me. I needed help with the application process and studying for the DAT. I'm really glad I was an early applicant because I can't imagine how pissed off I'd be having to sift through these useless threads if I were actually studying still. This isn't a marketing forum. If the mods love the conversations so much make another section for it because I don't care what these people think.

Kyle for moderator 2008! :cool:

Well, I figured since everyone has been starting useless threads and it's not getting shut down I guess it's okay. Here's my rant. I feel the few moderators I have encountered in my experience at SDN act like police officers in a sense. Have you ever seen a police officer turn his lights on when he didn't want to wait for a red light then turn them off? Or how about have you ever heard of people getting tickets for really lame reasons? Power trips.

As we get later in the application process more people are actually studying and discovering the DAT Destroyer. It's been receiving a LOT of undeserved criticism. I suggested the thread be shut down because not only is it not productive to pre-dents but it was repetitive and irritating. The moderator responded by saying they can voice their opinions so here's my voice (and yes, just like the other thread...it's not related or productive to pre-dents). Hopefully it will get equal treatment. I bump into threads all the time where these trolls violate the TOS and never get banned. I see threads that shouldn't even be on these forums because it doesn't deliver any helpful or constructive information to applicants. I wonder if there's an application process to be a mod....I'd sure show some interest. :mad:

Although I agree with you that some people go too far, especially their tone is offensive in general, but I can't disagree more with closing a thread because it is non-productive ...If people in SDN as EDUCATED people can't take some criticism then what you expect from an average Joe??? If every one thinks like you then what will happen to democracy and freedom of speech???
A great philosopher wrote once that "Who I am to think that I can define what people should say and what not to say... Because if this right is given to an individual the next person will take it further and ...the next one again further.. And at the end we will live in dark ages that no one dared to say what they thought... "
Although I don't agree with what they say personally, but people are entitled to their opinion.

Members don't see this ad :)
Although I agree with you that some people go too far, especially their tone is offensive in general, but I can't disagree more with closing a thread because it is non-productive ...If people in SDN as EDUCATED people can't take some criticism then what you expect from an average Joe??? If every one thinks like you then what will happen to democracy and freedom of speech???
A great philosopher wrote once that "Who I am to think that I can define what people should say and what not to say... Because if this right is given to an individual the next person will take it further and ...the next one again further.. And at the end we will live in dark ages that no one dared to say what they thought... "
Although I don't agree with what they say personally, but people are entitle to their opinion.

Thanks for the reply. I believe in freedom of speech, hence my thread. I agree we're all entitled to our own opinions. I view this more as an annoyance than anything. You're right, you don't need to shut down a thread but know when too much is too much. Haven't you seen those threads that drag on and on...it's ridiculous. What about those many threads that says, "DAT Destroyer for sale" as the topic. Should that be shut down because it is copyrighted? You'd be surprised at how long it takes admins to shut those threads down. :)

Thanks for the reply. I believe in freedom of speech, hence my thread. I agree we're all entitled to our own opinions. I view this more as an annoyance than anything. You're right, you don't need to shut down a thread but know when too much is too much. Haven't you seen those threads that drag on and on...it's ridiculous. What about those many threads that says, "DAT Destroyer for sale" as the topic. Should that be shut down because it is copyrighted? You'd be surprised at how long it takes admins to shut those threads down. :)

Every single book is copyrighted....crack open any book and youll see it somehwere in the first few pages......but youre still allowed to sell it. Copyright just means you cant copy it in any form unless u get permission. And this thread is basically as pointless as any other thread youre complaning about.

Have you ever seen a police officer turn his lights on when he didn't want to wait for a red light then turn them off? Or how about have you ever heard of people getting tickets for really lame reasons? Power trips.

i got license plate covers yesterday how f'd up is that! i hate cops

Have you ever seen a police officer turn his lights on when he didn't want to wait for a red light then turn them off? Or how about have you ever heard of people getting tickets for really lame reasons? Power trips.

i got license plate covers yesterday how f'd up is that! i hate cops

Just came back from the mall and saw a cop do it right in front of me.

Every single book is copyrighted....crack open any book and youll see it somehwere in the first few pages......but youre still allowed to sell it. Copyright just means you cant copy it in any form unless u get permission. And this thread is basically as pointless as any other thread youre complaning about.

Look at the title of my thread next time :)

SDN is staffed entirely by volunteers, myself included. Many of us are licensed practitioners running practices or seeing patients, residents, or professional students all working full-time plus. Over the past two years SDN has grown tremendously, and with tremendous growth trouble seems to grow right along as well. I do my best to go through the dental forums to seek out trouble spots and resolve conflicts, but I can't catch everything. If any of you come across something troubling, please report it by clicking on the exclamation point, which is located at the lower left of the post. Doing so will alert myself and the site administrators of the problem and it will be quickly looked into.

And yes, this thread is pretty off-subject for this forum. Closing.

Status
Not open for further replies.