I would like to know about University of Szeged

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sage75

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just applied to the University of Szeged in Hungary. I have heard alot of good reviews about this school.

I have a few questions about the university. What are the student to prof ratio? Is their English program as great as I've heard about? Could anyone tell me about where clinicals can be done? Do they have to be done in Hungary or can they be done in the US? Also what are the USMLE pass rates?

Also, I have questions about the country as well. On the website, it states something along the lines that people are very warm and welcoming there. Is this true? Are apartments hard to find? And is there any political turmoil going on at this time? I hear there is some turmoil going on in Serbia, would this affect the area where the school is?

I was wondering if employment in industry was any good? My husband may or may not follow me, depends on employment status in engineering.

Members don't see this ad.

Szeged is a wonderful city, however you should investigate the attrition rate for students from North America.

Turmoil in Serbia should be very low on your list of concerns and forget about employment for your husband.

There are so many better ways to become a physician than this route.
At the very least, you should visit HU, sit through classes and talk to many students.

Szeged is a wonderful city, however you should investigate the attrition rate for students from North America.

Turmoil in Serbia should be very low on your list of concerns and forget about employment for your husband.

There are so many better ways to become a physician than this route.
At the very least, you should visit HU, sit through classes and talk to many students.

Dear prefontaine,
Thank you for addressing some of my questions. I have tried other ways to become a physician, but not one place has opened their doors. I know it's my GPA. But I am determined to become a physician. I know I have what it takes, it's just my test anxiety gets in the way. I am looking at other routes and I hope one of them opens up. I feel like I don't have very many other places to turn to, I'm somewhat frustrated:confused: .

Sincerely,
Sage75

I sent you a private message.