Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

ICO and PCO

Discussion in 'Optometry' started by AT747, Dec 8, 2002.

1. AT747

AT747 Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

Is it true because both ICO and PCO have a large class size, if a student fails two classes in a year or two classes in one term they kick him out. There's no such a thing as a second chance in ICO or PCO.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. christie

christie Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Nope, not at PCO. I know a SECOND year, who failed 5 classes in their first year!! I know another SECOND year who failed 2 classes in their first year! Guess What? They are both finishing their first semester of their SECOND year!

At PCO, if you fail any classes (less than 60) than two things:
    1 - If your gade is between 55-60 than you take a test
    2 - If your grade is below 55 than you retake any failed classes over the summer (before your second year).

Thats how it goes at PCO. Also, if a student is doing very poorly in their first year, PCO offers that person many options, like the above, or also starting again in the following year.

I don't anythng about ICO, I've only heard rumors, and I am sure they are just that...RUMORS.:)

4. cpw

cpw It's a boy !!!
    Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Optometrist
    wow, UHCO doesn't do anything like that. You fail.. you're held back a year. (even for one hour labs)

5. TPMOH

TPMOH Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

At OSU, if you fail a class your 1st year that is a preq for another class your 1st yr, you automatically are held back a yr, but if it's a class that isn't a preq for another the 1st yr, you can continue on with the rest of your class but just have to take it with the 1st-yrs when you are in your second yr. No summer program at OSU.