1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

ICO Just about gave me a coronary!

Discussion in 'Optometry' started by Eyegirl2007, Nov 14, 2002.

1. Fifteen minutes ago, I opened my apartment door when I heard a thud. There's a huge package from ICO (looked like it was fed-exed) sitting outside the door. Of course my mind immediately went "Omigod, you got accepted." Even though, as we all know, the OAT scores haven't been sent out yet. I guess I wasn't really thinking straight. Well, I open the package, and it's their new promotional admissions package!

Oh, my nerves..
    Eyegirl:)

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. rpames

rpames Optometrist
    10+ Year Member

Optometrist
    I have been waiting for that to get to us. They sent out a letter a week or so ago telling us it would be coming around. At least they are keeping you alert!

6 days to OAT mailings!!!

4. Oh yeah...Now I remember that letter!

5. Tyra

Tyra Member
    7+ Year Member

Eyegirl

Didn't mean to laugh at you...but that's funny! I got that very same package on Tuesday (although I'm not nervous-- I'm not even taking the OAT til October '03).

6. r_salis

r_salis SDN Supa-Mod Emmetrope
    Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Optometrist
    I had a heart attack for a similar reason from PCO -- two days ago I got a thin envelope from them in the mail and thought, *ugh* it can't be good news, rejections are always single-pages in thin envelopes. It was a letter telling me that the admissions committee met and had placed my application on hold until the arrival of my OAT scores. Good thing I'd had 4 cups of coffee that day so I was *extra* jumpy! :rolleyes: :D

7. cpw

cpw It's a boy !!!

Optometrist
    The thin envelope does NOT always mean rejection. My UHCO acceptance letter was in a VERY THIN envelope with the comment that I had been accepted and more info was on its way soon. So, even if it IS thin.. DON'T PANIC. Although, I can say that SCCO comes in FAT envelopes. I also know that berkeley acceptances come in THIN envelopes (even though I got rejected.. I have friends that got in). THIN IS NOT ALWAYS BAD!!!!

:cool: :D

8. od2b

od2b Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

The same thing happened to me last night. I received another catalog from PCO, and of course, it arrived in a large envelope. My heart was racing from the time that I saw the envelope 'til I read the letter...."This is your copy of the PCO catalog for the year....! I really don't know why I was sent another catalog...but, at least is was not disappointing news. :clap: ;)

9. r_salis

r_salis SDN Supa-Mod Emmetrope

Optometrist
    Hey od2b -- I just got my PCO catalog today, started my heart racing, too! PCO has been way too communicative for my weak heart these last couple weeks! :rolleyes: