ICU contract

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SRT 1983

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
We are negotiating our ICU contract with the hospital. We are a group of private PCC trained physicians . 14 bed ICU plus 6 bed step down.
All pts are admitted under the hospitalists.
Hospital wants us to provide 8 hrs of in house coverage plus overnight ( mostly by phone).
This is an under served area on the east coast.
They hired an outside company VMG to do the numbers and is offering 650K/ yr plus we keep our billing for these patients which according to the company is the 75th percentile fair market value .

Any thoughts ??

Members don't see this ad.

We are negotiating our ICU contract with the hospital. We are a group of private PCC trained physicians . 14 bed ICU plus 6 bed step down.
Hospital wants us to provide 8 hrs of in house coverage plus overnight ( mostly by phone).
They hired an outside company VMG to do the numbers and is offering 650K/ yr plus we keep our billing for these patients which according to the company is the 75th percentile fair market value .

Any thoughts ??

How much do you expect to make individually per year with this offer?

Any thoughts ??

How many physicians in your group?

Care to share your average monthly RVUs with us?

Members don't see this ad :)
There are 6 of us, so >100k/ yr per person.
I don't know my exact RVUs but on average I see in a month :
Outpt: 50 new consults, 175 follow ups
Inpt 50 ICU pt visits, 20 new pulm consults, 100 follows up, 5 EBUSes/5Navs/ 5 chest tubes

There are 6 of us, so >100k/ yr per person.
I don't know my exact RVUs but on average I see in a month :
Outpt: 50 new consults, 175 follow ups
Inpt 50 ICU pt visits, 20 new pulm consults, 100 follows up, 5 EBUSes/5Navs/ 5 chest tubes

Have they given you an RVU conversion? How much do they plan to pay you per? Or will you keep submitting all of these through your practice?

We do all our own billing . This is just for 8 hrs in house coverage plus overnight call